My license was in my mail today!

My license was in the mail today [yesterday]. To fill everyone in, my app was finally approved after exactly 90 days [i did prints]. ..Coincidence? Took two full weeks to get my card in the mail once i was updated to active status. Forgive me if i don't sound thrilled to have my illinois ccl. Honestly, i'm kind of not. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to have it. The sucky illinois process ruined all the excitement for me. Me and my wife submitted our apps within 20 minutes of each other. Her app was approved almost two months ago AND her card was in the mail five days later. How? We both submitted our Utah at the same time and both got our cards very quickly. Bottom line is, Illinois just sucks bad with their ccl process.

With all that being said, i know there are a lot of guys still waiting. Keep your heads up, guys, and try not to do like me and let these clowns get you down

I'd say there was likely an issue with your prints, causing your app to be placed into the "120 day" pile.

I'd say it's just typical Illinois "authorities/public servants" not being motivated to get a card out to a person who pays part of their salary.

Applied 2/7 without prints

Active 4/6

In hand 4/11

Not bad for without prints. congrats.

Sorry, I don't believe it. That's 59 days to active status without prints.

Typo maybe? 59 days without prints would be amazing.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you but that's no typo. It took 8 weeks and 3 days to active and additional 5 days for me to get it

Applied 2/7 without prints

Active 4/6

In hand 4/11

Not bad for without prints. congrats.

Sorry, I don't believe it. That's 59 days to active status without prints.

Typo maybe? 59 days without prints would be amazing.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you but that's no typo. It took 8 weeks and 3 days to active and additional 5 days for me to get it

OK, good deal. Since you received it so fast, instead of a Wallywalk, you can do a Wallyjog!!!

Congrats!!!

Applied 2-22-16 with prints

QC Verified 4-11-16 (checked in the morning) 50 days

Approved 4-11-16 (checked in the evening)

Active 4-12-16 51 days

Received in the mail 4-15-16 Day 54

I've been a member of the forum for almost 5 yrs, just to keep informed while I was living in another state. I finally moved back to my home state last year and began the process for CCL this year. The permit process was a little faster (4-5 wks) when I lived in GA (no class or range qualification), but all in all, it went pretty smooth here in IL. My thanks to all on the forum for the information in the licensing process.

When you guys received your new FOID, was it a different number? The number I'm seeing online, is the same as my CCL and FOID on the ISP site.

They are issuing new FOIDs with numbers that match new CCLs. Expiration date doesn't change.

Yeah, I understand that part. But my CCL matches my FOID number, which is the FOID number I have had prior to CCL. (ISP site)

I.e.

Before CCL: FOID # 123456

After CCL: FOID # 123456 (same exp date) / CCL # 123456

Based on this, would be silly and waste of money for ISP to send me another FOID, with same number and different issue date. Guess I'll wait and see.

Edited by FieldGL

When you guys received your new FOID, was it a different number? The number I'm seeing online, is the same as my CCL and FOID on the ISP site.

They are issuing new FOIDs with numbers that match new CCLs. Expiration date doesn't change.

Yeah, I understand that part. But my CCL matches my FOID number, which is the FOID number I have had prior to CCL. (ISP site)

I.e.

Before CCL: FOID # 123456

After CCL: FOID # 123456 (same exp date) / CCL # 123456

Based on this, would be silly and waste of money for ISP to send me another FOID, with same number and different issue date. Guess I'll wait and see.

So your new CCL number matches your old FOID right? LOL maybe the state is so broke they can't afford the cardstock for the new FOIDs. They sure p i s s e d thru that $21 million we gave 'em in a hurry.

CCL in hand 4-11 and still no new FOID card. Tomorrow will be day 8 waiting for new FOID. I think they do this on purpose, and it's really not amusing.

In my case, the ISP site has a new FOID number issued to me that matches the 4-06-2016 new CCL#. My old (totally different #) FOID card is invalid till I get the new one with the new number. I just want this whole process to be over with, and it seems the ISP wants to prolong the process as long as possible. Tomorrow will be day 110, and the quest still continues.

Edited by Rmac702

So your new CCL number matches your old FOID right? LOL maybe the state is so broke they can't afford the cardstock for the new FOIDs. They sure p i s s e d thru that $21 million we gave 'em in a hurry.

That is correct. I wanted to buy ammo and thought I would have to wait to upload new picture of FOID card. Then I realized my FOID number has not changed and CCL matches my current FOID.

Wonder if this is the case for those that went ACTIVE on or around the 15th of April.

Edited by FieldGL

That is correct. I wanted to buy ammo and thought I would have to wait to upload new picture of FOID card. Then I realized my FOID number has not changed and CCL matches my current FOID.

Wonder if this is the case for those that went ACTIVE on or around the 15th of April.

My old FOID only had 8 numbers. My CCL and new FOID each have 10 numbers. Do you maybe have a newer FOID that had 10 numbers? Mine was issued in January of 2015.

My old FOID only had 8 numbers. My CCL and new FOID each have 10 numbers. Do you maybe have a newer FOID that had 10 numbers? Mine was issued in January of 2015.

Yeah my foid has 10 numbers. Issued October 2015.