Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

Law of Self Defense

Events like that bring out a segment of the population who are just looking for an opportunity to rob, pillage and plunder. Essentially criminals looking for the cover of a crowd to do what they really want to do each and every day anyway. In LA, I wouldn't be shocked if this turns into a full on Rodney King-type riot. Some of those televisions they got 20 years ago could use some updating...

I have to sorta disagree. While I totally understand what you are saying, the first role of my gun is as a hopeful deterrent. "Stop! I have a gun! Get away now or I will shoot!" I hope if/when I pull the gun from my holster I don't have to kill. I'm hoping the attacker is sane enough to run away. Actually shooting it is the secondary role of the gun.

That, of course, is all well and good AS LONG AS you shoot if you need to shoot. There have been a few cops killed because after they pulled their gun they hesitated too long and the criminal took their gun and shot them.

I agree with you that shooting is a last resort - and I am NOT implying that YOU wouldn't shoot if you had too - but there are some people who haven't worked out the morality in their head of shooting someone. So if that time comes, they hesitate.

If a person runs after I pull my gun, I'll be very happy but if they make the wrong move and I know I have to stop them to avoid bodily harm, they will know how it feels to be shot with a DRT frangible bullet!

I think I could shoot if I had to. Gosh I hope I never have to find out, but I have never had to shoot anyone before so I can't answer definitively. All I can say is I wouldn't carry if I didn't think I could use it.

Right around the time we graduated high school, I had a friend who went to a college party, I totally forget which college. Someone started some chit with him, he pulled his $100 switch blade and didn't use it. They took it from him and stabbed him in the leg above his knee. He was limping for a couple weeks. Two things come to mind, 1) It could have been alot worse. 2) just how did they get the knife from his hand? I never understood that part.

Doesn't it dishonor Trayvon Martin's memory to be in a protest march and then break off and go rob bicycles from Walmart?

I haven't heard Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton condemn this or point out how it dishonors his memory.

One need not assume this is about Trayvon.

It's not about Trayvon. The name "Trayvon" is a convenient excuse for what's going on and the racial tensions being perpetuated. Racism is not a good thing, but I don't think this situation should have been looked at like a racially motivated situation. Unfortunately the people perpetuating the racism in this situation are the very same who should be doing the exact opposite. When we talk about people dancing in the blood of the children of Sandy Hook or the victims in the Colorado Theater, to further their agendas; This situation is no different. More people (some of the same) dancing in the blood of the fallen to further their politics. Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

It's not about Trayvon. The name "Trayvon" is a convenient excuse for what's going on and the racial tensions being perpetuated.

I agree. If you really look at it, the government does all it can to augment segregation. It creates classes of people, and tries to pin folks against one another. As you say, they perpetuate this because its what keeps them in power. This "false dichotomy" they've created, as though there are only 2 sides to any issue, and everyone is part of some sort of class. The biggest danger to this system is to restore "individual rights", and have people coalesce.

So yes, I agree, this Trayvon Martin phenomenon is just another typical ploy.

Doesn't it dishonor Trayvon Martin's memory to be in a protest march and then break off and go rob bicycles from Walmart?

I haven't heard Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton condemn this or point out how it dishonors his memory.

Marijuana was found in Trayvon's system and I have heard that it's use has been linked to paranoia as well as hearing voices and other mental illnesses. I suspect that serial marijuana use by Trayvon may be one of the contributing factors that lead to the incident since no sane person would have attacked someone that may be armed especially since he could have made it home easily had he not chose to confront Zimmerman by trying to smash the guy's head through concrete.

I keep hearing people exclaim how Trayvon was killed and had not committed a crime. I guess we just ignore the assault and battery as well as the illegal drug use. I think there was a heap of bad judgment used on both sides, and unfortunately someone died and another person's life is trashed for the foreseeable future. The lesson here is that the person with the gun usually wins, and Chicago has been proving that true for many decades.

I keep hearing people exclaim how Trayvon was killed and had not committed a crime. I guess we just ignore the assault and battery as well as the illegal drug use. I think there was a heap of bad judgment used on both sides, and unfortunately someone died and another person's life is trashed for the foreseeable future. The lesson here is that the person with the gun usually wins, and Chicago has been proving that true for many decades.

I don't smoke weed, neither am I proponent for weed BUT (and you just knew a "but" was coming, didn't you?) I know a LOT of people who smoke weed - especially businessmen with million dollar companies. Weed isn't all that bad of a drug. It doesn't give you cancer and the worst side effect seems to be the munches and laziness (at the time).

Personally I think any drug use is a sign of weakness....

However, I can't ignore the facts. I would rather my son (if I had one) would smoke weed instead of cigarette.

Again, all drugs, to me, are bad but weed has no permanent harmful effects. That's why the "illegal drug use" was pretty much ignored,

We must also remember that Martin was a KID and kids do stupid things like think "this guy is following me?!? I'm going to kick his @$$! That'll teach him!"

Zimmerman couldn't fight. If that was him screening on that tape, it was a sure sign that he was totally unprepared for a physical encounter. That's why his behind should have stayed in the car.

...This is NOT to say he was not justified in using deadly force. Once in the situation, with his limited preparedness, he didn't have a choice.

I don't smoke weed, neither am I proponent for weed BUT (and you just knew a "but" was coming, didn't you?) I know a LOT of people who smoke weed - especially businessmen with million dollar companies. Weed isn't all that bad of a drug. It doesn't give you cancer and the worst side effect seems to be the munches and laziness (at the time).

Personally I think any drug use is a sign of weakness....

However, I can't ignore the facts. I would rather my son (if I had one) would smoke weed instead of cigarette.

Again, all drugs, to me, are bad but weed has no permanent harmful effects. That's why the "illegal drug use" was pretty much ignored,

We must also remember that Martin was a KID and kids do stupid things like think "this guy is following me?!? I'm going to kick his @$$! That'll teach him!"

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/07/it-wasnt-just-skittles-trayvon-was-carrying/

Zimmerman couldn't fight. If that was him screening on that tape, it was a sure sign that he was totally unprepared for a physical encounter. That's why his behind should have stayed in the car.

...This is NOT to say he was not justified in using deadly force. Once in the situation, with his limited preparedness, he didn't have a choice.

I found a link to a story explaining that trayvon bought cough syrup skittles and iced tea and that used together it had intoxicating effects and long term use causes aggression and psychosis and his liver indicated long term dxm abuse

Marijuana was found in Trayvon's system and I have heard that it's use has been linked to paranoia as well as hearing voices and other mental illnesses.

Actually there is no solid evidence marijuana causes any psychosis.

The statistics used in many studies are skewed due to government polices.

Example, you smoke pot. You go for a drive. Some sober idiot runs a red light and smashes in the side of your car. You go to hospital for treatment of your injuries. Blood is drawn. Marijuana detected. They report you were in automobile accident and had THC in blood. You are now a statistic because of some sober idiot who was at fault. Marijuana causes automobile accidents.

Another example, you are a teen. You smoke a little pot on the weekend, you and some friends get caught out past curfew. You go to juvenile hall. Your buddies and you gets caught with a little weed. You all get tested. Marijuana detected. You go to court and instead of jail time or long probation or agree you are addicted to marijuana, they agree to expunge the marijuana possession from your record, and go to rehab. You are now a statistic. Teens are becoming addicted to marijuana.

The who psychosis thing is people with psychosis often are not being helped by the mental health system. They are left on their own. In many cause pharmaceutical drugs either did not help them, made them worse, or made them sick. They are left to self medicate, and find marijuana has few bad side effects, easy to find, and actually suppresses the symptoms of their psychosis. I see this all the time on college campuses. Many illegal drugs actually do have medical benefits, marijuana, ecstasy, even methamphetamine. You can see this on Google Scholar for yourself. You will independent real studies with real data. Ecstasy is actually being used to treat PTSD in returning veterans. Marijuana causes psychosis.

So many myths exist about illegal drugs, partially why kids get screwed up with hard drugs when they find marijuana harmless. What they learned in DARE class was a lie about marijuana, maybe heroine is harmless too. Besides the fact some drug dealers sell more than weed, and you know they are full of honest truth about their products. Studies show kids that have had DARE classes are more likely to try hard drugs than kids that never had a drug class in school.

Although in Trayvon, his use of a Lean, Purple Drank, or Sizzurp was what probably did him in.

They use over the counter cough syrup, candy, and a sweet drink to make that stuff.

Unlike illegal drugs, legal drugs are well researched and Dextomethorphan is the DM in Robitussin.

http://en.wikipedia....extromethorphan

Just look at the side effects.

Long term use will cause people to live in a world far different to reality, they become disassociated.

Over the counter drugs are far more dangerous than marijuana will ever be.

Do you know how many retards I met in college or high school who claimed to be addicted to pot? First of all why would you tell someone you're a drug addict? These morons didn't even know it's impossible to become physically addicted. It's mentally addictive, yeah just like the act of smoking a cigarette is mentally addictive or popping a norco/vicodin/percocet/whatever every 4 hours or so is addictive. Stop smoking cold turkey and you'll be irritable and whatnot. Stop taking narcotic pain meds cold turkey and you'll feel like you caught the flu for a few days maybe a week Stop smoking pot, nothing adverse physically (in theory).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Idk if you have ever smoked weed but i have seen some extremely smart people, that are not paranoid smoke and the become extremely paranoid.

What about that cop that smoked for the first time and thought he was dying and called 911?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU6AVtQethw

That eats weed. But i have heard the same by smoking.

Over reaction to a new experience of the intoxicating effects is not paranoia. I never have met anyone that has experienced paranoia after the effects wear off, except paranoia of law enforcement and arrest for possession, which is justifiable. The laws are more harmful.

Do you know how many retards I met in college or high school who claimed to be addicted to pot? First of all why would you tell someone you're a drug addict? These morons didn't even know it's impossible to become physically addicted. It's mentally addictive, yeah just like the act of smoking a cigarette is mentally addictive or popping a norco/vicodin/percocet/whatever every 4 hours or so is addictive. Stop smoking cold turkey and you'll be irritable and whatnot. Stop taking narcotic pain meds cold turkey and you'll feel like you caught the flu for a few days maybe a week Stop smoking pot, nothing adverse physically (in theory).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Actually Nicotine is physically addictive as well. Most people can not stop cold turkey. Nicotine alters your body chemistry in several ways. When levels run low people feel the need to smoke another cigarette. Nicotine is not all bad either, there are studies showing medical benefits. Tobacco although is bad because other chemicals in the tobacco that are carcinogens or cause other diseases. Like all drugs, in moderation they are beneficial, abused they can cause harm or even death.

Idk if you have ever smoked weed but i have seen some extremely smart people, that are not paranoid smoke and the become extremely paranoid.

What about that cop that smoked for the first time and thought he was dying and called 911?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU6AVtQethw

That eats weed. But i have heard the same by smoking.

Over reaction to a new experience of the intoxicating effects is not paranoia. I never have met anyone that has experienced paranoia after the effects wear off, except paranoia of law enforcement and arrest for possession, which is justifiable. The laws are more harmful.

I guess we just know different types of people, and historical medical stories are just out to get the pot head. Fortunately. The next argument is sense it wasnt regulted as pure, it could have been laced with pcp or another drug.

Someone told me yesterday that the only reason to carry a gun is to hurt people.

The reason I carry a gun (I mean WILL carry one, of course) isn't to hurt, it's to kill. I won't sugarcoat it. I will never draw it unless I feel that's what I have to do to protect my family or myself. My guns only purpose is to stop a threat - and the only intent I would have to pull it is to kill if needed.

I'm sure the person you were having a discussion with didn't mean it quite that way, but that's the truth. The knife I carry is used for various things, including something as simple as cutting my sons straw shorter in a restaurant, but I'm never going to open a bottle with my gun. :)

I have to sorta disagree. While I totally understand what you are saying, the first role of my gun is as a hopeful deterrent. "Stop! I have a gun! Get away now or I will shoot!" I hope if/when I pull the gun from my holster I don't have to kill. I'm hoping the attacker is sane enough to run away. Actually shooting it is the secondary role of the gun.

Correct, you don't shoot if the threat stops, but you should also never pull unless there is a threat. So in my head, if I pull, it's probably going to require a shot.I don't think I would hesitate to warn them with "stop or I will XYZ" If I had to go as far as pulling, I've already decided I need to XYZ.

My draw to shot is probably about 2 seconds in a stressed environment, and while it's very possible that's enough time for someone to recognize me pulling and stop, I think that's the exception - though certainly every situation is different.

Anyone catch Obama's press conference today?

In short:

1. Racial profiling happens all the time in America.

2. Stand Your Ground needs to be revisited: i.e. "If Travyon Martin would have been of age and armed, would he have been allowed to shoot Mr. Zimmerman because he felt threatened for being followed?"

3. Eric Holder is pursuing an investigation.

4. We need to do more for our black youths.

Archived