Appeal Aggravated assault with firearm conviction

kaylord84

Let's be honest.

This is the same guy who had to fight to get his permit.

Has pictures of people "shaking up" on his page which I've attached a screenshot of.

Name: kaylord. Vice lords, much?

No joking, myself and another member predicted this would happen over a year ago. This exact thing with this exact member.

The reason this bothers me is this EXACTLY the kind of crap we 1. Don't want and 2. Allows a bad name to those that abide the law carrying.

I'm all for second amendment rights but not for gang members. And what do you want to bed cpd already has a file on this guy. I googled his screen name and came up with enough to reasonably infer he's at the least affiliated.

After a certain number of instances, troubles, and red flags.....

Let's be honest.

This is the same guy who had to fight to get his permit.

Has pictures of people "shaking up" on his page which I've attached a screenshot of.

Name: kaylord. Vice lords, much?

No joking, myself and another member predicted this would happen over a year ago. This exact thing with this exact member.

The reason this bothers me is this EXACTLY the kind of crap we 1. Don't want and 2. Allows a bad name to those that abide the law carrying.

I'm all for second amendment rights but not for gang members. And what do you want to bed cpd already has a file on this guy. I googled his screen name and came up with enough to reasonably infer he's at the least affiliated.

After a certain number of instances, troubles, and red flags.....

I'm not a gang member nor I'm a vice . I have been married for 5 years and have 4 kids. I worked and have been on my job for 10 years. Don't judge a Black man label me a thug or gang member you don't know me. The username actually comes from my PlayStation user account I had that user tag for over 15 years on all of my video game accounts . So don't judge me because you don't know me to be honest

kaylord84, I wish you the very best. Ignore all unjustified, ignorant statements uttered by someone who does not know you. Your case does not involve Second Amendment issues. You need an experienced criminal defense appeals lawyer. Find the best you can afford and go for it.

Thanks I needed that encouragement. God knows I prayed about this situation and tried to have faith in the justice system only to receive this outcome. I try and look at it from a positive point of view as I have lost the battle but not the war. Thanks again

It's a crime to make a false police report (of a crime).

It's a crime to falsely identify oneself, when legally asked by law enforcement (non-federal officer doing the asking).

It's a crime to provide false information to obstruct the arrest or prosecution of oneself, or another.

It's a crime to provide false information under oath, unless the person recants the false testimony prior to the conclusion of the proceeding in which the testimony was given.

In the above instances, in Illinois, lying is a crime. Otherwise, people do it all the time, and it is not illegal. There is a specific federal statute regarding lying to federal law enforcement. Don't do it! the consequences may be worse than the crime itself. Ask Rod. He's still doing his 14.

Bushy

Edited for spelling

Ineffective assistance of counsel appeals require a strong, and I mean STRONG showing of prejudice as a result of your counsel's incompetence. It will be very difficult to overturn this conviction unless appellate counsel can show clear error committed by the trial court or ineffective counsel. Appellate courts do not engage in fact-finding so the appellate court defers to the circuit court's findings. The evidence is already in the record. No new evidence may be admitted. He wasn't a very good defense attorney. This case is not 2A. The former friend perjured himself numerous times if he was integral in obtaining the conviction. Your appellate counsel would need to make a case that your conviction should be vacated, reverse and remand the case for a new trial.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah fortunately I have already retain two attorneys for this matter . They recently filed a motion for a new trial and a motion to reconsider the sentence. These both will more than likely be denied as your asking the trial judge to go against his own ruling. But this must be done first in order to preserve the appeal

• 3 weeks later...

update my motions for new trial and reconsideration of the sentence were both heard today. The judge denied my motion for a new trial. But he did reduce my sentence to court supervision which is basically a non conviction. Although I maintain my innocence I am happy with the overall outcome. now i have to decide if i would like to go forward with the appeal to the appellate court which is going to cost. Thanks everyone for the good lucks

update my motions for new trial and reconsideration of the sentence were both heard today. The judge denied my motion for a new trial. But he did reduce my sentence to court supervision which is basically a non conviction. Although I maintain my innocence I am happy with the overall outcome. now i have to decide if i would like to go forward with the appeal to the appellate court which is going to cost. Thanks everyone for the good lucks

Yes, court supervision is better than probation, as it's basically a non-conviction assuming you successfully complete the terms of the supervision, and can be expunged...

...but good luck trying to get a firearm conviction expunged in Cook county.

Archived