Any news on when the renewal button will become active?

HeavyDuty

This might also indicate instructor renewal portal becomes available at 90 days prior to expiration.

Odd. When I look at my instructor spot there is no expiration date. ??

Lou, I first misread this as you did... there is no instructor exp date.

-Sounds like your renewal portal will open 90 days before your CCL expires.

-Instructors upload whatever qualified them to be an instructor instead of a 3 hour training certificate.

Correct!

Wouldn't it be nice if the ISP conveyed the information for instructor renewal to the actual instructors themselves.

that would mean the want the process to be efficient and professional.

90 days so those who don't pay the bribe for expedited service are going to have a lapsed permison slip - yes I know its still valid but that's the most retarded way to run renewals I can imagine

i shudder to think what it's going to be like with jabba the pritzge at the helm

I hadn't visited the site for a few days but still no renewal button. When I go to sign in and before I can enter my credentials there is a new SYSTEM ALERT which states:

DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH A SMART PHONE OR TABLET. Errors from mobile interface can result in application denial.

Only attempt renewal within 90 days of your expiration date. Finally, please ensure your address on file with the Secretary of State

is up-to-date because applications and SOS addresses MUST match.

So maybe they are getting closer.

http://www.pontiacdailyleader.com/news/20181024/isp-expects-to-get-hit-with-conceal-carry-renewals

An article about renewals.. Kinda not what reality is if the renewal button isn't there

Right now, the state police are not accepting renewal applications from applicants who have more than five months until their license expires,” Bennett warned. “Because of the expected spike in applications, they are concentrating their efforts on licenses that are closer to expiration.”State police recommend that those interested in applying for renewals undergo their required retraining around six months before expiration, then begin the renewal process five months out, Bennett said, noting that the process for renewing a concealed carry license involves submitting valid paperwork and a $150 fee; the state police are hoping to have renewal applications processed in about 30 days.

Archived