Still waiting on foid card

• 2 weeks later...

So, if a person has their letter saying their foid was approved and lists their new number on it, can they do face to face transfers? Letter is dated 2/15/16, with new number, but has yet to receive their card.

When running the number and DOB on ISP website it comes back approved.

It was my understanding that they must have a card in their possession correct?

That's the way I've always done it. Show proof of foid, run it on ISP website, get approval, wait, then show card again at time of pickup. This is the first time I've encountered something like this, so I was a little leery of going through with the transaction. He did take a picture of his DL next to the approval letter, but I still don't feel comfortable doing it. Been awhile since I've been on this forum and figured ISP was delaying approvals again.

From the way people are talking in this thread, his should be in shortly hopefully. He will just have to wait until his card comes in.

That's the way I've always done it. Show proof of foid, run it on ISP website, get approval, wait, then show card again at time of pickup. This is the first time I've encountered something like this, so I was a little leery of going through with the transaction. He did take a picture of his DL next to the approval letter, but I still don't feel comfortable doing it. Been awhile since I've been on this forum and figured ISP was delaying approvals again.

From the way people are talking in this thread, his should be in shortly hopefully. He will just have to wait until his card comes in.

I'd cover your butt and wait til you can see the card. It may not even be their own FOID number. He needs to be calling someone because a month has gone by with no new card and they just ran a big batch recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once they go active, they go to the printer. Then they save them up to mail in bulk. Depending on when yours went active during the process, it could be anywhere from 2 or 3 days after going active, to several weeks.

Yeah, this is definitely a thing. I feel like a little kid waiting for his decoder ring, running to check the mail every day :) Almost two weeks since ACTIVE, still waiting.

My son went active on 6/8, and he is still waiting on his card

I did mine on the same day and I keep running out to the mailbox to check. I signed up for the NRA, so I'm waiting for my new magazine and "free" carry bag that came with membership. I was hoping to stagger my gifts like Chanukah, but my luck as of late has had me get everything at one time like Christmas :P

Once they go active, they go to the printer. Then they save them up to mail in bulk. Depending on when yours went active during the process, it could be anywhere from 2 or 3 days after going active, to several weeks.

Yeah, this is definitely a thing. I feel like a little kid waiting for his decoder ring, running to check the mail every day :) Almost two weeks since ACTIVE, still waiting.

D-R-I-N-K V-E-L-V-A-T-I-N-E ;)

I did mine on the same day and I keep running out to the mailbox to check. I signed up for the NRA, so I'm waiting for my new magazine and "free" carry bag that came with membership. I was hoping to stagger my gifts like Chanukah, but my luck as of late has had me get everything at one time like Christmas :P

I've been waiting on my NRA bag for 7 months now.

Good Luck............

I get more junk mail now than ever before in 60 plus years.

It's almost worse than "The AARP" crap!

Save a few dollars people and stop the mass mailings to people who don't ask for your extras........

Anyone got theirs yet from the latest batch? It's been over 2 weeks not counting Sundays since my card went active, yet not in the mail.

I know that they say 30 days to go active, but it's misleading because it seems they aren't releasing the FOID cards for quite some time. Feels like a block to our given rights.

Still haven't got mine, been active for over two weeks now. I've read about "problems with the printer" and stuff earlier in the CCL thread, so I'm wondering if there's something like that going on. :(

Someone in an earlier thread called and was told it's "14 business days" from when it's turned active, so that's next week sometime for me

Still haven't got mine, been active for over two weeks now. I've read about "problems with the printer" and stuff earlier in the CCL thread, so I'm wondering if there's something like that going on. :(

Someone in an earlier thread called and was told it's "14 business days" from when it's turned active, so that's next week sometime for me

Thanks dude, if Saturdays count as business days and Sunday's don't, then I'm at 12. With my luck, of course my card would come in the day I leave for Vegas -_- *shakes fist at FOID card gods*

Thanks dude, if Saturdays count as business days and Sunday's don't, then I'm at 12. With my luck, of course my card would come in the day I leave for Vegas -_- *shakes fist at FOID card gods*

Sadly they don't. M-F only.

I sent the ISP a message through their website today. I've gotten quick, useful responses through the 'Contact the FOID Card Administrator' section before. It's been over 30 days since I applied, which is an option.

I'm sure they'll just tell me there's delays printing or whatever - but maybe I can get a timeline.