Jason Barickman

Uncle Harley

I would surely think this guy would be an asset to the senate for us. I somehow got on his news list when I sent e-mails to all the reps on 148 and I like what he has been saying and doing in the House.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/jason-barickman/representative-jason-barickman-files-nominating-petitions-for-illinois-state-sen/229520047116258

I would surely think this guy would be an asset to the senate for us. I somehow got on his news list when I sent e-mails to all the reps on 148 and I like what he has been saying and doing in the House.

http://www.facebook....229520047116258

His district borders mine. I think he's GTG on the 2A. Some of the folks in-the-know- that I know, say though that for a young man, he's already entrenched in party politics (the "R" variety, that is)....and we all know that the ILGOP is about as useful as hemmorhoids.

His district borders mine. I think he's GTG on the 2A. Some of the folks in-the-know- that I know, say though that for a young man, he's already entrenched in party politics (the "R" variety, that is)....and we all know that the ILGOP is about as useful as hemmorhoids.

Well. They may be far from perfect, but they’re far superior to the Illinois Dem Party (a.k.a. the Chicago machine.) There are a small handful of good Dem politicians in Illinois, but those Dems are bucking the trend. While there are a large bunch of good Republican politicians in Illinois, and only a handful of poor ones.

It all comes down to the individuals and the people in charge of the parties. I suspect the reference to the GOP was not regarding their perspectives / platforms; but rather their organization or lack thereof. If you question how disorganized / dysfunctional the GOP has been on both state and national levels, just look at the mess that lead to Obama becoming a US Senator, the 25 GOP Gubernatorial candidates on the primary last time, or the US GOP debates where they are bashing the heck out of each other rather than focusing on Obama.

As to the Democrats... They are much more organized. Many of us just don't like their perspective / platforms. If Madigan is strongly against something, it doesn't often happen in the state legislature.

Chicago doesn't have so much of the population that it should be able to determines statewide elections. That is collectively our fault.

We need to elect pro-second amendment legislators regardless of party. I've had both Dem and Rep reps and all were solid second amendment supporters. Those Dems though need to hold their leadership's toes in the flame. I still wonder if negotiations are ongoing regarding the CME/Sears tax breaks and LTC. If they aren't, I wonder why not.

We need to elect pro-second amendment legislators regardless of party. I've had both Dem and Rep reps and all were solid second amendment supporters. Those Dems though need to hold their leadership's toes in the flame. I still wonder if negotiations are ongoing regarding the CME/Sears tax breaks and LTC. If they aren't, I wonder why not.

I agree with what you say to a certain extent. The problem with electing a Democrat, even a pro 2nd Amendment Democrat, it keeps Cullerton and Madigan in their position of power. It will take a huge surge of Republicans to be elected to boot them.

Well. They may be far from perfect, but they're far superior to the Illinois Dem Party (a.k.a. the Chicago machine.) There are a small handful of good Dem politicians in Illinois, but those Dems are bucking the trend. While there are a large bunch of good Republican politicians in Illinois, and only a handful of poor ones.

There are good on both sides. I didn't say Jason was bad either. I'm just saying that neither party has our best interests at heart. They both belong to their respective masters (of which we are not) I helped a local candidate out who ran on the "R" ticket. I saw some questionable things with respect to the party. I also did not even get a reply from the ILGOP when I complained about the 3 R's who broke ranks on HB148. That's piss poor management at the very least.

Archived