Great Conceal Carry Article

gingersnap1170

Don't like this statement:

Yorkville Chief Rich Hart wants local chiefs to be able to instantly revoke permits in an emergency situation.

Sure, disarm the civilians when they may need it most.

Katrina... When the so called protectors were at home protecting their families, while the other "protectors" were also partaking in looting.

Don't like this statement:

Yorkville Chief Rich Hart wants local chiefs to be able to instantly revoke permits in an emergency situation.

Sure, disarm the civilians when they may need it most.

This is exactly when the 2A should be most liberally applied.

I was at Katrina and followed a couple LEO teams looking for people to evacuate from their homes. Some teams were sent to homes where guns had once been registered. Due to faulty registration record keeping, a few homes were approached in late night darkness with guns drawn. Not a good scenario for tired jumpy foreign journalists crashing at a friends home after covering war zones.

I'd vote for no special "emergency" clause. Chief Hart doesn't have enough experience to think this through. Glad he hasn't a voice in the matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Good article, and good comments. Glad to hear that more police chiefs are agreeing with citizen's rights. I think they finally realize that the people who apply for CC permits are not the ones who cause trouble for the police; they are the ones who would be more likely to come to a police officer's aid if needed.

Archived