Gun Purchase post an Appeal Win?

I am going through the appeal process right now for my FOID renewal. I had a question about gun and ammo purchases after you have received your FOID card. There is obviously a background check run when you go to purchase arms or ammunition. When you win an appeal because of a Felony conviction that occurred over 25 years ago, do you still select "Yes" for having to have been convicted of a Felony in the past? If so, won't you be denied a firearm purchase as a result? What's the firearm buying process after winning an Appeal? Thanks!

I am going through the appeal process right now for my FOID renewal. I had a question about gun and ammo purchases after you have received your FOID card. There is obviously a background check run when you go to purchase arms or ammunition. When you win an appeal because of a Felony conviction that occurred over 25 years ago, do you still select "Yes" for having to have been convicted of a Felony in the past? If so, won't you be denied a firearm purchase as a result? What's the firearm buying process after winning an Appeal? Thanks!

There is no background check when purchasing ammo. You just show your card if you are buying in Illinois.

For purchasing a firearm it is helpful if you submit a voluntary appeal file with the ATF.

federal exception for gun ownership.pdf

Voluntary Appeal file application July 31.pdf