Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Well the long wait is over, license was in the mail yesterday , I even beat the wife to the mailbox for once, LOL.

exact wait time was August 16,2016 to August 28,2017, was a heck of a wait but has finally paid off and made it taste that much sweeter.

having this site and reading all the different posts along the way has made the time go by a lot easier and I have learned a lot of things along the way.so thanks to you all.

I also want to thank everyone who is as excited as I am about getting my license. I hope every one has the same outcome I've had in the long run.

and yes sir Mr Nobody I do live in cook county, hang in there...

I am so glad that you have been approved, congrats Mr Lowkey !!!
I applied 01/30/16 it looks like I still have to hang 6 months more in Board Review. All my friends from Dupage County told me to move out of Crook County ...
And I convinced them that this is a good place to live, we will see who was right in a while ...

... because I do not understand why I could have been Darted?

Edit to add: in hand today 9/1. Total 47 days with prints.

Hello IC People,

I went from Submiited>QC verified>Active..... in 44 days total, with prints submitted 2 days after initial application was submitted. Did the "Email" thing I learned here, and spoke to an ISPFSB rep on the phone. As stated in a previous post, somewhere, the folks I've spoken to there could not have been more helpful or friendly. Went active tonight. I'd say it's party time, but a party to me is a cup of decaf and good movie. LOL Thanks for all the help, specially from Molly B. I'm grateful for this site and all the helpful IC members. And a special thank you to my CCL instructor's Craig and Kevin Celia of SAFE Gun Permits.

Hello IC People,

I went from Submiited>QC verified>Active..... in 44 days total, with prints submitted 2 days after initial application was submitted. Did the "Email" thing I learned here, and spoke to an ISPFSB rep on the phone. As stated in a previous post, somewhere, the folks I've spoken to there could not have been more helpful or friendly. Went active tonight. I'd say it's party time, but a party to me is a cup of decaf and good movie. LOL Thanks for all the help, specially from Molly B. I'm grateful for this site and all the helpful IC members. And a special thank you to my CCL instructor's Craig and Kevin Celia of SAFE Gun Permits.

What's the 'Email' thing????

Applied 07/09 w/prints

QC_ Verified: 07/16/17

Approved: 08/24/2017

Active: 08/25/2017

In hand: TBD

Is your 'QC_Verified' date a typo? Shouldn't it be at least 30 days from your application date?

First post here for me ;)

QC verified just means that someone has reviewed your application and verified it was submitted correctly... addresses match up, residence history, photo, passing class certificate, etc.

It's like the teacher looking over your test to make sure you signed your name and didn't leave any blanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hmmm. I submitted my application through Gat Guns on 7/29/17 with prints. All I've ever seen on the CC application site is 'Under Review' with an 'Application Number' right below that. Should I have seen QC-verified by now then?.....

Hmmm. I submitted my application through Gat Guns on 7/29/17 with prints. All I've ever seen on the CC application site is 'Under Review' with an 'Application Number' right below that. Should I have seen QC-verified by now then?.....

Thats all you are going to see at the web site. To get the "hidden" status (submitted, qc verified, approved) you need to use the inspect element feature in your browser. These are unofficial and not recognized or discussed by the ISP

As for the so called email trick, some believe by sending an email or calling the ISP and asking a question about their application, the inquiry causes their app to get opened up and moved along to the next level quicker.

You need to look at the application site where it currently says "Under Review" for you and then RIGHT-click on the words "Under Review". In the context menu that pops up, choose "Inspect Element". This will open up a browser tool that shows some of the coding for the website. It will automatically go and highlight the object you selected, i.e. the "Under Review" part. When I first submitted mine (10 days ago), inspect element showed <span class = "SUBMITTED">Under Review</span>. However, after 8 days, while my application still showed "Under Review", my inspect element showed <span class = "QC_VERIFIED">Under Review</span>. It is believed that these are internal designations by ISP that show the different steps of the application process that are happening "behind the scenes". SUBMITTED (means application received) to QC_VERIFIED (indicating that the initial application name/DOB, etc all check out) to APPROVED (looking good) to ACTIVE (meaning you're good to go!). I'm not sure how much all of this is substantiated with the actual process, but it's something to look at so you at least feel there is movement in your application process. Good luck!

EDIT: InterestedBystander beat me to it :cool:

First time post. I submitted my application without fingerprints on 6/5/2017. Yesterday was day 91 so I thought I would give the ISPFSB a call and check on the status of my application. I have been checking it regularly for the last week or so and up until today it has said QC Verified. Today (day 92) it FINALLY says approved.

Without finger prints they have a full 120 days, I'd say if it's approved at 92 days your ahead of the curve.

Congrats

On a side note to not anyone in particular........

Imagine being the clerk at a company who tells its customers that all products will arrive in 30 days.

Maybe it's not even product, maybe it's a check as they owe you money, but still 30 days.

Now imagine being that guy getting phone calls and e-mails everyday at day 15 and then again at day 25 from everyone, think that guy gets p***** at some point? Think maybe IF he can he makes sure it takes the full 30 days?

Yeah, I know, we are all in a hurry, but sit back and relax a bit, have another cup of coffee and surf the web a bit. It will come, but remember what your mother always said "Watching the pot won't make the water boil any faster".

First time post. I submitted my application without fingerprints on 6/5/2017. Yesterday was day 91 so I thought I would give the ISPFSB a call and check on the status of my application. I have been checking it regularly for the last week or so and up until today it has said QC Verified. Today (day 92) it FINALLY says approved.

Just looked at the calendar again. Apparently I was 7 days off. I was approved in 85 days without prints. We'll see how long it takes to go active and actually get the permit.

I'd say it's party time, but a party to me is a cup of decaf and good movie.

Whoa, whoa... settle down... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LOL, went out for dinner and then to Dunkin for a cone and an extra large decaf.

Applied 7/29/17

With prints

Active 9/1/17

Just over 30 days.

Amazing. Dont think it could be any shorter...A day or 2 for verification and background check + 30 days for LE objection + a day or 2 after for activation. Id say you were lucky with everything coming together. Back in the early days one might see that 32-35 day range but its rare now.

Congrats

Archived