FOID Revocation - Good News....Almost

I finally have some good news from the depths. While I won't consider this matter over until I have the FOID back in my hands....I got an update from a reliable source that my file needs to be reviewed by one more person and then go up the chain to the Director's office for sign off. The expectation being that this process ought be favorably resolved in four to six weeks.....no problem holding on for that long.

Then the next fun begins with the next leg of putting the pieces together. Assuming I run up against the June 1 deadline I won't have an FCCL by that point. I submitted an FCCL application about a month ago after talking to ISP and they are essentially holding it pending the FOID being restored...the difficult part become that:

• I need to have the FOID reinstated to start the clock on the FCCL application.
  • I need them to recognize my instructor credential to exempt me from the training requirement.
  • I need the FCCL for ISP to issue reinstate the FCCL Instructor credential

I look forward to having to deal with the second set of issues as what I would call a "Rich man's problem" but it looks like it goes around in a circle. If anyone has experience of thoughts in dealing with the second set of issues I would welcome the thoughts. And then hoping that Cook County doesn't throw in an LE objection just for kicks.

My problem with your post above is:

"It needs to be reviewed by one more person"

coupled with:

"resolved in four to six weeks"

Think about that. If I needed one more person to review my state tax form and told the state to hold on 4-6 weeks, do you think I would get any slack when I didn't pay them quickly?

I hope this works out in your favor, and quickly!

Edited by RonOglesby

Given that it has been six months with no response of any kind until I went and hammered them from a whole bunch of sides....and that I know who the one more person is...I am just fine with waiting it out. Having gotten this far, that should be easy time...and I am fully aware that it isn't done until its done. However, after months of nothing I certainly am willing to share some good news around here......it just adds to the notion that by sticking with the efforts we will be successful in many cases.

Given that it has been six months with no response of any kind until I went and hammered them from a whole bunch of sides....and that I know who the one more person is...I am just fine with waiting it out. Having gotten this far, that should be easy time...and I am fully aware that it isn't done until its done. However, after months of nothing I certainly am willing to share some good news around here......it just adds to the notion that by sticking with the efforts we will be successful in many cases.

Yo Fudd,

From what I've been viewing on your posts you are going through an utter nightmare that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Congrats on at least hearing something positive.

I for one and I believe anyone else here, would let you sit through one of my (2nd Module) classes for free. This way you can submit with a Certificate and trump the instructor exemption.

It's only one small obstacle, but you seem to be doing fine with the larger ones.

Great to hear fudd!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I for one and I believe anyone else here, would let you sit through one of my (2nd Module) classes for free. This way you can submit with a Certificate and trump the instructor exemption.

It's only one small obstacle, but you seem to be doing fine with the larger ones.

Thanks much......I will keep that in mind.....as I said I look forward to having that problem. Its just good to finally be able to start focusing on getting the rest of this put back together.

Glad you're finally going to get your due. Let's hope they don't sit on your paperwork like they do for non-finger print FCCL's.

Thankfully...four to six weeks and this is done....then it will be interesting as I already was approved as an FCCL Instructor so they ran background and have my prints. Technically they have to do the 30 days for the LE objections and if that is clean we should be done quick.