Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

Molly B.

Don't waste your time with lawyers. There all full of sh**!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but perhaps the brush you are painting with is a hair too wide. I can certainly appreciate your frustration. The court ruled in my favor nearly a month ago and I have exactly nothing to show for it.

Don't waste your time with lawyers. There all full of sh**! I spent 2000 to have him tell me some Bull crap that after 3 court dates I can continue wasting money on him or have it remanded back to the communist cclrb ! And give them a second bite of the apple as he but it ! Are you Fkn ! Kidding me ! And what other Fkn information could I possible send the cclrb they have it all right there in front of them read it you stupid Fs! And send me my license ! Unreal !

Sysco70,

We definitely understand your frustration but please do not skirt our profanity filters. It is a violation of the IllinoisCarry code of conduct. If you need help in putting together a response to the CCLRB, there is some very good advice here on IC or I am sure you can PM members here and they will be glad to help.

Thanks for reposting this Dfens. I forgot you said you posted it previously but I never read it.

Have they filed any appeal to the court ruling?

What exactly happens when the ISP fails to meet the 30 day deadline?

As far as I know, they have filed nothing. In response to an inquiry, the AAG indicated that he did not know the ISP's intentions.

Nothing happens automatically but I will file a contempt petition Monday asking for sanctions unless I see some evidence of compliance.

Fantastic. I hope that you don't have to file anything else in regards to your ccl, but if you do, keep us posted.

I am still curious as to why this thread has been so quiet lately...? Did others receive their license and stop coming on IC?

Have lawyers advised against sharing information? What's the scoop here people!?

Thanks for reposting this Dfens. I forgot you said you posted it previously but I never read it.

Have they filed any appeal to the court ruling?

What exactly happens when the ISP fails to meet the 30 day deadline?

As far as I know, they have filed nothing. In response to an inquiry, the AAG indicated that he did not know the ISP's intentions.

Nothing happens automatically but I will file a contempt petition Monday asking for sanctions unless I see some evidence of compliance.

You are right, nothing happens automatically (at least within a reasonalbe timeframe). After I won my case and received the court order telling the ISP to issue my CCL, nothing happened for a month. I then contacted my lawyer who contacted the ISP and within a week I went active and received my CCL in the mail. Make sure you keep after them or you might just get lost in the shuffle.

Don't waste your time with lawyers. They are Useless ! Go at it alone you will have he same results accept remand then if denied again then take your chances with the judge on your own.

There are good lawyer and bad lawyers, it appears that you got a bad one. The lawyer I hired specializes in Administrative review and did a great job. He took care of everything and I didn't have to do a thing.

Don't waste your time with lawyers. They are Useless ! Go at it alone you will have he same results accept remand then if denied again then take your chances with the judge on your own.

There are good lawyer and bad lawyers, it appears that you got a bad one. The lawyer I hired specializes in Administrative review and did a great job. He took care of everything and I didn't have to do a thing.

From what I read, lawyer or not, everyone is getting sent back now.

From what I read, lawyer or not, everyone is getting sent back now.

I was one of the lucky ones that did not get remanded. My Lawyer was able to speak to the AAG directly. Since my case was that of mistaken identity, the AAG agreed to issue my CCL. I may have been lucky since mine happend right before the emergency rules that caused everyone to get remanded.

Here is as of Monday information provided from an attry.

After talking to numerous judges we are before in the Chancery Department at Daley Center, and numerous Assistant Attorney Generals handling the CCL appeals, we have the following information:

Many of the judges and AAGs have mentioned that our Response Brief, in which we attack the ISP and CCLRB’s denial of your CCL application, have caused alarm within the CCLRB. We ask, in our briefs, for attorney’s fees, we argue that the CCL Rules are unconstitutional, and we generally caused chaos for the State Police.

Because of that, we are told that the CCLRB has started to GRANT LICENSES to many of the individuals that allowed their appeal to be remanded. The CCLRB appears to be scared that if they do not start granting licenses on a quick and steady basis to people that had the license originally denied, that the courts will start to actually consider the Rules unconstitutional and award attorney’s fees to those that challenged the denial.

Archived