Illinois General Assembly 5/22/2013

mauserme

Urgent Alert

Senator Raoul filed SA1 to SB851 Safety Tech yesterday turing it into a "lost or stolen" bill with background checks and potential confiscation... This and SA3, the Thespian Exemption to the SB1002 Magazine Ban are scheduled to be heard in committee the morning of 5/22/2013.

Please file witness slips in opposition to these amendments.

Link to Witness Slip for SA1 to SB851

Link to Witness Slip for SA3 to SB1002

Updates:

Senate Amendment 4 to SB1002 has been filed and referred to Assignments. While it would exempt tubular magazines it does not alter our opposition to this bill.

House Amendment 1 to SB2193 Crim Cd-Firearm Transport has been filed and assigned to Judiciary - Creates the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

The House stands adjourned until 5/23/2013 @ 12:00 Noon.

The Senate stands adjourned until 5/23/2013 @ 11:00 AM.

House Calendar

11:30 AM

House Audio/Video Link

Livestream Link to current and archived events.

HB820 Criminal Law-Tech

Neutral

House Sponsor: Madigan

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful sale or delivery of firearms.

SB2193 Criminal Cd - Firearm Transport

Neutral

Senate Sponsor: Forby, Jacobs, Haine, Manar

House Sponsor: Phelps

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that a contractor or subcontractor under a contract or subcontract for the development and supply of rifles, shotguns, weapons, or ammunition to the United States government or any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States, when the activities are necessary and incident to fulfilling the terms of the contract, may transport these weapons even if they are not broken down in a non-functioning state, or are immediately accessible. Permits the transportation of a rifle with a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length that is not broken down in a non-functioning state, or are immediately accessible by a person: (1) who has been issued a Curios and Relics license from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; or (2) who is an active member of a bona fide, nationally recognized military re-enacting group and the modification is required and necessary to accurately portray the weapon for historical re-enactment purposes; the re-enactor is in possession of a valid and current re-enacting group membership credential; and the overall length of the weapon as modified is not less than 26 inches. Effective immediately

Next Days Scheduled

House: 5/23/2013

Senate: 5/23/2013

House Calendar 5-22-2013.pdf

Senate Calendar

11:00 AM

Senate Audio/Video Link

Livestream Link to current and archived events.

HB183 Gun Safety and Responsibility Act

Oppose

House Sponsor: Lang

Senate Sponsor: Raoul

Senate Amendment 1

Senate Amendment 2

Senaye Amendment 3

Creates the Gun Safety and Responsibility Act

SB851 Safety Tech

Oppose

Senate Sponsor: Raoul

Senate Amendment 1 Pending - Lost or Stolen Firearms, Background Checks, Potential Seizure

SB1002 Criminal Law Tech

Oppose (SA1, SA2, and SA3 Magazine Ban with Thespian Exemption pending).

Senate Sponsor: Kotowski, Collins, Hunter

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the short title.

SB1003 Criminal Law Tech

Oppose (Senate Amendment 1 and Senate Amendment 2 Pending)

Senate Sponsor: Muñoz, Lightford, Hastings, Delgado

SA1 to SB1003 Criminal Law Tech - Senate version of HB2265

SA2 to SB1003 Criminal Law Tech - Senate version of HB2265

Senate Calendar 5-22-2013.pdf

Senate Supplemental Calendar 1 5-22-2013.pdf

Urgent Alert

Senator Raoul filed SA1 to SB851 Safety Tech yesterday turing it into a "lost or stolen" bill. This and SA3, the Thespian Exemption to the SB1002 Magazine Ban are scheduled to be heard in committee the morning of 5/22/2013.

Done as usual... though I have to say that it's starting to feel pointless.

Urgent Alert

Senator Raoul filed SA1 to SB851 Safety Tech yesterday turing it into a "lost or stolen" bill. This and SA3, the Thespian Exemption to the SB1002 Magazine Ban are scheduled to be heard in committee the morning of 5/22/2013.

I have an account registered to fill out witness slips faster. Did anyone else have to login after each slip was submitted and do a catcha and agree to the terms for each slip? Me thinks they are trying to make it a bit harder to do multiple witness slips...

Urgent Alert

I have an account registered to fill out witness slips faster. Did anyone else have to login after each slip was submitted and do a catcha and agree to the terms for each slip? Me thinks they are trying to make it a bit harder to do multiple witness slips...

I clicked one of the slips in the first post and opened a new tab with the slip. I signed in to my acct, went back to the IC tab and clicked on the slip again and everything was filled in when it popped the new tab. No issues.

Done as usual... though I have to say that it's starting to feel pointless.

Not pointless at all - haven't seen votes on HB183 or SB1002, right?

Keep the faith...

If we've already filed slips against SB1002 and SFA002, do we just file this time for SFA003 or do we hit all three buttons again? I don't want my previous responses wiped.

Just file on what you didn't file before.

Not pointless at all - haven't seen votes on HB183 or SB1002, right?

Keep the faith...

I hear you. I guess I'm just a bit dejected at seeing the exec. committee read every single supporting name to the point of practically adding personal praise for each, only to mostly dismiss the 600+ opposing slips... I will continue to fight though.

Just file on what you didn't file before.

oops. I too checked "oppose" on every option. Hopefully the system is smart enough to identify my re-submit without penalty... or dumb enough to count it as additional opposition.

When I was looking at the vote tally, I noticed that only Amend 3 for SB1002 was listed in committee. So even though I checked oppose for 1 and 2, It didn't count (for this committee meeting at least). I didn't check to see if it affected yesterday's count, but I would imagine it didn't since there is a notice that only slips filed before the end of the day will count. Phew.

Archived