Photo

SB 1034 Update

Moving to No Opposition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,712 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

After intense discussion and negotiations between the ISP legal team, the NRA and ISRA legal team and our lobbyists, a new amendment has been drafted for SB1034. The new amendment allows the ISP to meet the expectations of the FBI/DOJ in reporting and investigating Domestic Violence crimes but removes the offensive language that might have had unintended consequences from the bill as it was introduced.

House Floor Amendment #4 was approved and recommended to be adopted by the Executive committee yesterday, May 28 in their scheduled meeting.

It would be prudent and proper to call those reps that we contacted when we opposed the bill and inform them that an agreement has been reached and that we no longer oppose SB1034 as amended by HFA #4.

Please do so as soon as you can, this bill may be considered soon.

Thanks,

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#2 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

The witness slip has been modified to include HFA 4

http://witnessslips....slationid=55862
“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#3 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,712 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

The witness slip has been modified to include HFA 4

http://witnessslips....slationid=55862

THE COMMITTEE HAS ALREADY MET AND APPROVED THE AMENDMENT!!! WITNESS SLIPS WILL DO NO GOOD. CALL/EMAIL OR FAX YOUR REP!! THE NEXT STEP IS FOR THE AMENDMENT TO BE ADOPTED ON THE HOUSE FLOOR!

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#4 05FLHT

TCB.

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

Done.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
IL Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor

#5 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Got a call to Rose, calling Righter now
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#6 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,378 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Done.

Rep. Sacia is a House sponsor of this bill and I had placed a call initially when we apposed the bill. I am happy that we are now able to get back on board with this bill, since it has been amended to address our concerns.

#7 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

OK, made the call, sent the e-mail.

It's weird that the witness slip is still out there, I seem to recollect that about an hour before something is to be heard in committee the witness slip is no longer available to fill out.

Maybe that changed or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.
“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#8 AFigmentOfYourImagination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the reminder Tim. I'm only on my lunch break, so I did not have long to get it done. I emailed Rep. Morthland and let him know that I am no longer opposed to the bill upon the adoption of HFA #4.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

#9 RECarry

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I followed up on my original email to Rep. Karen May (did not reply) and Senator Garrett (who did reply).
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#10 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,378 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

After intense discussion and negotiations between the ISP legal team, the NRA and ISRA legal team and our lobbyists, a new amendment has been drafted for SB1034. The new amendment allows the ISP to meet the expectations of the FBI/DOJ in reporting and investigating Domestic Violence crimes but removes the offensive language that might have had unintended consequences from the bill as it was introduced.

House Floor Amendment #4 was approved and recommended to be adopted by the Executive committee yesterday, May 28 in their scheduled meeting.

It would be prudent and proper to call those reps that we contacted when we opposed the bill and inform them that an agreement has been reached and that we no longer oppose SB1034 as amended by HFA #4.

Please do so as soon as you can, this bill may be considered soon.

Thanks,

AB

Should the IllinoisCarry homepage be updated to reflect this change in position?? It still says we are strongly opposed.

Just wondering......