S&W Victory 22LR Target Pistol, Your thoughts?

JDW

My wife loves shooting 22LR when we're out at the club. She's got an SR22 and a 10/22. They're fun to plink around with. She's a good shooter, so I wanted to get her something better than the SR22. I caught the Victory on a Black Friday sale for 279 shipped. Read and watched a ton of reviews and this seems like a pretty legit target pistol.

Planning on a trigger upgrade, an ejector upgrade, and possible some nice wood grips for it. It's her Christmas gift from me, so i had to tell her, as she'll need to pick it up from our FFL.

Sights seem great. (Fiber Optic front and rear) It comes with a polymer rail for an optic, if she choose's to go that route. Take down is one screw. Some beautiful after market barrels out there, if she ever wants to upgrade it. Love the fact that it's so modular.

The selling price won me over, as compared to the Ruger Mark 4.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

PS, I should have bought the threaded barrel model, but I went for the non threaded. Oops!

I love mine. I put the Tandemkross trigger in it and an inexpensive Truglo red dot on it. I really enjoy shooting it. Takedown is easy but you will most likely need a tiny bit of Loctite each time you clean and reassemble it. I have had mine a little over a year. They may have made some changes to mitigate the takedown screws from coming loose but I'm not sure about that.

Archived