Mr. Fife

How much longer should I wait?

From and including: Tuesday, September 22, 2020

To and including: Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Excluding Weekends and public holidays

in United States – Illinois. Change Country / Change State

Result: 175 days

Is this a first time CCL or renewal?

First Time. FOID Renewal was submitted 9/22/2020 and that's still under review as well.

I guess I have no hope of this happening this year. Illinois is a joke.

My CCL renewal has been 'Under Review' since March 26, 2020 // 421 days and counting!!!

My CCL was finally marked ACTIVE on June 7, 2021 // Total days for this renewal: 439 (1 year, 2 months & 13 days)

I’d think you have a better chance than last year. I can’t cheer you up, but I can offer the advise to not stress. The boat your in is full of other passengers.

I guess I have no hope of this happening this year. Illinois is a joke.

My CCL renewal has been 'Under Review' since March 26, 2020 // 421 days and counting!!!

My CCL was finally marked ACTIVE on June 7, 2021 // Total days for this renewal: 439 (1 year, 2 months & 13 days)

FYI: My renewed CCL card arrived in the mail June 14, 2021 //

well finally got approved Took class and applied for CCL with fingerprints June 2020,Went to review board ,the review board found no preponderance of evidence of danger to others or self sent ok to stILL state police to resume application.the ISP issued my Lic.Apr 26 2021,now still waiting to recieve it in the mail.There is Hope. Hopefully it dosent take another year for them to release the next batch of Licenses

New CCL application with prints:

Submitted:

3/8/21

Under review:

3/11/21

Active:

6/23/21

Total time 107 days.

I work very closely with some CCL trainers and a large firearms training and defense company in Chicagoland. From what Im hearing the average wait on CCLs w/ prints is ~4 months and w/o prints about ~6 months. Contacting local or state officials does no good, and short of being related to the higher ups of the ISP there is little to no good way to get anything done in regards to expediting the process. I have to have my gun everyday at work and the fact I will no longer have to tech amber rounds before and after work is a huge relief and will also save on money since constantly doing so is a quick way to ruin ammo. I wish everyone else a quick process.

Today is 92 days for new CCL without prints and under review. Moving to Iowa on July 28 and Constitutional Carry takes affect July 1st. Guess which one i will get first my CCL or the move to freedom?

Today is 92 days for new CCL without prints and under review. Moving to Iowa on July 28 and Constitutional Carry takes affect July 1st. Guess which one i will get first my CCL or the move to freedom?

Did you spend to take a class and apply with the fees just to be moving in 120 days?

With that being said, the answer is: You will not get a CCL as Iowa will notify Illinois that you have a new drivers license and then Illinois will cancel the CCL process and pocket the fees all the while singing the Charlie Brown song and dance!

Fear The Clown this move was not planned while or before my CCL class. This was decided last week. I know they took a little money but it will be the last time this corrupted state gets anything out me.

Archived