New FOID cards?

Carrying both CCL and FOID keeps you covered in case you encounter law enforcement that is not familiar with changes to the law under SB 836. I personally always carry both.

Leadchucker, I am with you on this one. Besides, where am I going to keep both cards except my wallet ? That is I am hoping to get a second card from this great state. CCL please arrive soon.....

WD

I keep my FOID in a forward at home. Risk management. If my wallet goes missing for whatever reason I prefer to not lose both the FOID and FCCL. If a police officer is intent on taking me to the station, it is going to happen whether I have my FOID in my possession or not. When I think about this type of situation, I take care of myself and stay within the law, I don't alter my actions because someone else may be an idiot. I find this whole business of society having to cater to the lowest common denomenator distasteful. I simply recognize that there is no shortage of idiots out there and take care of my own businesses.

Border states know about the FOID, why would they look forward to getting jacked selling thousands of rounds of ammo to non-FOID carrying gang members?

Makes sense to me

There's several threads here about the use the FOID vs the CCL that has been discussed adnausuem, with each member stating their personal position, and that's the law and the case..........it's YOUR personal decision. YMMV.....JMHO.

I'm on the Indiana border and they used to ask for the FOID but none do anymore. I doubt they could be in trouble anyway since they are not legally bound by Illinois law. Any legal fallout, if there is any, would fall on the buyer. I don't know how they would know you are from Illinois anyway unless you tell them. Put it on the counter and they ring it up.

• 1 month later...
Check your card at the ISP web site, you'll find out.

Molly B has posted several times here about it is supposed to be valid, some are, some aren't.

If it's active it's on it's way, wait a few days and you'll be able to blow thru the cash and CC's fast as you like!

Thanks I tried looking first. I didn't check on ISP site. It has been active for a week and a half.

Thank

Jim

I got mine license 4 days after it went active on the website...they got my address wrong and I'm working to fix that. Only by a stroke of luck did the postal carrier recognize my name and delivered the mail to me instead of where it was addressed to. Just sayin',,,,if yers went active a week and a half ago it should have arrived in the mail by now.

Or maybe they delivered yours to the wrong address. You better check on it, mate.

VooDoo

@blck10th

Sorry I didn't explain.

Check the FOID numbers to see if they are accepted thru the ISP firearm transfer app/program!

Play like your doing a sale and see if you own cards go thru and are accepted.

It doesn't effect your card if you don't do a transfer, it E piers in 30 days if a transfer isn't made, and who knows that?

@blck10th

Sorry I didn't explain.

Check the FOID numbers to see if they are accepted thru the ISP firearm transfer app/program!

Play like your doing a sale and see if you own cards go thru and are accepted.

It doesn't effect your card if you don't do a transfer, it E piers in 30 days if a transfer isn't made, and who knows that?

Thanks for the response. I need up getting both on Saturday. So it is all good now.