What ever happened to task force to merge Foid and FCCL?

45b

When you go to the range. They went to see your FOID card and they hold on to it till your finished. I don't want them holding my CCL while I'm using the range. I don't want my card getting scratched or bent from the clip board they use. I'm OK with having three cards as ID's.

Can't say I've ever had a range ask to see my FOID, is this normal?

I think is is SOP at indoor ranges... I know the local indoor place here asks for both, and then hold on to one until you are finished (I don't recall which one...)

When you go to the range. They went to see your FOID card and they hold on to it till your finished. I don't want them holding my CCL while I'm using the range. I don't want my card getting scratched or bent from the clip board they use. I'm OK with having three cards as ID's.

Can't say I've ever had a range ask to see my FOID, is this normal?

I think is is SOP at indoor ranges... I know the local indoor place here asks for both, and then hold on to one until you are finished (I don't recall which one...)

$Well I hope its not the FOID since you must posses it when in posession of a firearm $

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

As a member of the military, I maintain my Illinois residency even though I haven't lived there for a long time. I had my FOID card for 5 years before anyone ever asked to see it (at the range I did my CC training at). I can't believe the idiocy you have to deal with on a daily basis.

I understand the tinfoil argument. I'm not sure I agree with it or not, but I understand it. Having your drivers license taken when issued a ticket is a pretty solid argument not to make the drivers license and the LCC the same. There's no reason they couldn't combine the FOID and LCC into one card though. I'm aware of the unreasonable opposition to eliminating FOID, but how could anyone possibly be politically opposed to combining the two cards?

Arguably if they combine the two it will have unintended consequences that I will not share publicly due to not wanting to give the antis ideas in why it would work in their favor.

I've thought about it and the scenario I have in mind would be bad for us. Probably not in ways anyone had really considered.

Either leave it alone or repeal foid altogether, but most definitely don't combine.

Since it appears that to wish the FOID and the CCL would combine is a pipe dream, I think we should all dream bigger. Why waste any effort on combining the two, rather, try to have the requirement for a FOID abrogated if you have a CCL. Or, dream really big...the elimination of the FOID Act. It seems like a waste to talk about combining the two on one card when it is much more practical for the CCL to substitute for FOID.

You will carry all of them and like it.

If you have an issue with too many cards, membership cards, c.c.'s, gift cards, get a "coin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Sx34swEG0

Absolutely. The NSA will love you if you could just put all of your transactional purchase accounts into one easy to record data stream. It will reduce the required man hours to track you by a fifth.

You will carry all of them and like it.

If you have an issue with too many cards, membership cards, c.c.'s, gift cards, get a "coin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Sx34swEG0

Absolutely. The NSA will love you if you could just put all of your transactional purchase accounts into one easy to record data stream. It will reduce the required man hours to track you by a fifth.

Atleast they might lay off some of their people then....

I say get rid of the FOID and the CCL, only a need to prove name, residency and age to own/carry a firearm aka if you have any state issued ID you are golden...

As for the original topic, I had a feeling all along that the 'task force' to do this was nothing more then a pretty wrapper to appease gun owners and make the bill more favorable, just like the weak preemption they wrapped the bill in...

Archived