What`s wrong with NRA Instructors

NRApistol

This cat says NRA Instructors are sub-pare. This is the same guy that was blowing smoke up my bottom end about how qualified I was when he had classes scheduled and no certified instructors. He offered to pay me to sit in a chair and watch just so he could use my certs. The NRA was just fine then. Some of you other guys should remember how much praise he was giving NRA instructors when he needed your certs. http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/article/20131027/NEWS/131029471/1001/NEWS

That guy can not even get a FOID in ILLINOIS... Why does his opinion matter...?

BTW, serach the ISP list for Michael Maddalozzo and then search it for Nick Rabenau. Let me know what you find.

That is what I have heard. He does, however, use others to instruct his classes... Search the ISP list for his name. He is not on there.

NRA instructors - some good others not so much - same for high speed low drag boutique instructors out there

Yep.

BTW, I shoot with some NRA instructors and TCs who are competitive shooters and retired 5-0. Their teaching and shooting skills are pretty much beyond reproach.

And they must be tolerant cats:They even took a newspaper guy under their wings.

This NRA instructor has to go now: Weekly range time for himself. :)

I tried to leave a comment but I couldn`t sign in

If you have a Facebook account, you can sign-in to leave comments with that.

Also, Type A is not Nick Rabenau's first venture into firearms training. Google "Strategic Security Systems"...

Try to figure out where NIck lives... I have seen articles and other materials that claim he lives in Canton, Monmouth, and Galesburg. He either moves a lot, or owns a lot of houses!

He taught my doctors Florida class. I saw ads up for his firm's classes at Farm King way back during the 997 days when a non-resident permit would've been good until IL issues them and training was 8 hrs. This was like May or April when I saw this too.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

From a newspaper article from last year:

"Nick Rabenau, a Galesburg resident who intended to lease the property from the city, originally scheduled a Dec. 1 ribbon cutting for the Armory. But given the amount of renovations needed and the tight deadlines, Thompson said the lease was removed from the council’s agenda so due diligence can be done in evaluating the deal.

Several documents were sent to both The Register Mail and City Hall detailing the personal and professional past of Nick Rabenau, a Galesburg resident who intended to lease the property from the city. The document said Rabenau’s company, Strategic Security Services, Inc., the company listed in the lease that would manage the property, had its corporate license revoked. The Register-Mail confirmed the business did not have a corporate license, but Earl Weaver, deputy director of businesses services for the Secretary of State’s office, said an annual report was not filed in 2010, so the state did not renew the company’s license.

It is unclear if anything in the documents is giving the council pause, but Director of Economic Development Cesar Suarez said the council is still reviewing the specifics of the proposed two-year lease that would require Rabenau and the city to put about $200,000 each into building renovations."

Read more: http://www.pjstar.com/news/x719507865/Galesburg-still-in-holding-pattern-on-former-Armory#ixzz2j37lzg9y

He taught my doctors Florida class. I saw ads up for his firm's classes at Farm King way back during the 997 days when a non-resident permit would've been good until IL issues them and training was 8 hrs. This was like May or April when I saw this too.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who was advertising classes before Sept 30th should just be avoided, IMHO...

I remember getting an email from a Peoria-area resident asking if that outfit was legit. All I had to look at was this: http://typeatraininggroup.com/about-us/corporate-credentials/

And this: http://typeatraininggroup.com/about-us/instructor-credentials/

And the fact that this was in early September, to tell the guy to avoid this firm. Any training company claiming to have special forces operators and SWAT instructors without individual instructor profiles is likely a fraud. Add that at the time, I was one of only seven approved instructors in the state and no approved curriculums and that they were planning a class that week, it was all I needed to declare it to be a fraud.

Owner of Type A to newspaper, "anybody can be a NRA instructor and therefore an ISP approved CCF instructor."

Owner of Type A is neither an NRA Instructor nor an ISP approved CCF Instructor.

Irony?

Yeah, We have him beat by $40 and we use NRA instructors so you get an NRA Basic Pistol Cert along with your IL CCF Cert.

I should probably disclose that Mike Maddalozzo is my co-trainer... :)

Yeah, We have him beat by $40 and we use NRA instructors so you get an NRA Basic Pistol Cert along with your IL CCF Cert.

I should probably disclose that Mike Maddalozzo is my co-trainer... :)

Is Mike from Princeton?

Originally from that area, yes.

Another poster made a point about individual profiles. I think that's a very valid thing to look for when considering instructors.

I do not run my own business but work for some other instructors. I'm not advertising, 'cause I've got nothing to sell. Point is, an instructors profile should be straight-forward and he or she should be able to back it with proof in a second. For instance, anyone wanting to see my basic creds can see them in my sig line. And anyone who wants to know more can simply ask.

And, you know, if another instructor locally calls me and says, "Hey, let's get together and put a few downrange," I'm down with that, too. I've met some good folks. Don't work for all of 'em, but consider them friends.

S'all good.

Extremely early advertising? No profiles? Running down other instructors?

Not great signs.

Thought the name rang a bell; I'm from Spring Valley originally.

I feel we have had this conversation before... I grew up between Ladd and Cherry. Went to Cherry Grade School and Hall High School.

We have out profiles right here...http://www.maddhousesports.com/illinois-concealed-carry.html

One of these days, we will remember to get a decent enough photo to use...

Thought the name rang a bell; I'm from Spring Valley originally.

I feel we have had this conversation before... I grew up between Ladd and Cherry. Went to Cherry Grade School and Hall High School.

Yep, recognize your last name now that I see it.

I remember getting the prime rib up at Nuco's in Arlington. I think they had a restaurant in Princeton, too.

Archived