• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Euler

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:45 PM

Docket

QUESTIONS PRESENTED
1. Whether a non-violent felon may bring an as-applied challenge to a state law that permanently denies Second Amendment rights to anyone convicted of a crime denominated as a felony.

2. Whether, in adjudicating a non-violent felon's as-applied challenge to a state dispossession law, the reviewing court may uphold the law without analyzing the particular non-violent felony of which the challenger was convicted.
More than 18 years ago, Petitioner Leevan Roundtree pleaded guilty to two counts of failure to pay child support, a non-violent crime the Wisconsin legislature has denominated a felony. He "was never incarcerated for [these] offense[s]," he "made full restitution by paying what he owed," and he "did not re-offend." ... Nearly 12 years after Petitioner entered those pleas, police found that he kept a revolver and ammunition in his home for self-defense. Consequently, the State charged him with, and he pleaded guilty to, a single count under Wisconsin's firearm dispossession statute....

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#2 SiliconSorcerer

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:07 AM

Excellent case, I hope this guy is otherwise Mr Clean.

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

Remington Historical Foundation - 501©3 - donate to me ;) 

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users