AR magazines

flw

I am looking for informed but not a legal opinion on AR mags w/Capacity of more than 10 rnds.

If a component of a AR magazine is permanently removed so it will not function as it is and that part is lost in a boating accident. Does the shell with some parts need to be registered?

Goes to what is a fun magazine? Like a car with no tires and no tires are present ? Sounds hokey but so are the rules that JCAR has postponed till after Jan 1st , is it still a magazine if it doesn't have a floor plate or follower and there are none to be found ?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no provision in this abomination for registering magazines, but some magazines are illegal to transport loaded depending upon capacity and their unclear assignment to a rifle or pistol.

That said, a bunch of monkeys on typewriters could have created content that was more logical and easier to digest and I could be wrong.  The State of IL seems incapable of clearly understanding its own regulation and providing clarification at this time so most of us cannot either.

There are no registration requirements for magazines in PICA.

Magazines that are restricted cannot be bought or transferred to non-exempt people (LEOs, FFLs, etc) and they must be unloaded and encased when transported, and can only be used on your private property, other's private property with their express permission, and "legally licensed shooting ranges" (which is interesting as there are no licenses for ranges in IL).

Magazines that are restricted are 10 rounds for long guns and 15 rounds for handguns.  It is unclear if you have a carbine and a handgun that both accept the same mags which standard would apply for that mag at what time.  The ISP FAQ also states that magazine capacity for non-shotguns is based on "any type of ammunition" -- which is delightfully vague.

10 round mags for semi auto long guns, 15 round mags for semi auto pistols maximum. You can yet still possess larger magazines but they can only be transported while empty and cased - they can only be loaded on private property with the owners permission. CCL Holders aren't exempt from anything that i know of. 

VooDoo

Edited by Vodoun da Vinci