Concealed Carry Question

Beastmod

Hello all, hope everyone is doing great and in good health. I would like to thank everyone for responding  to my questions on my foid card if I haven't done it already. I see online it say that the CC wait time is about 5 1/2 months. My question is I submitted myself and wife CC paperwork at the end of June or first week of July. We didn't send in our prints and my brother said I should have they would come back much faster. So can we still go and submit our prints even if its been almost three months since sending in our certificates? Or would I still be waiting long do to the backlog they have. Figured I would ask and see what you guys had to say about it, or if it would even move it along any faster if we did.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:06 PM, Beastmod said:

Hello all, hope everyone is doing great and in good health. I would like to thank everyone for responding  to my questions on my foid card if I haven't done it already. I see online it say that the CC wait time is about 5 1/2 months. My question is I submitted myself and wife CC paperwork at the end of June or first week of July. We didn't send in our prints and my brother said I should have they would come back much faster. So can we still go and submit our prints even if its been almost three months since sending in our certificates? Or would I still be waiting long do to the backlog they have. Figured I would ask and see what you guys had to say about it, or if it would even move it along any faster if we did.

Congrats on taking the plunge! I would defer to someone more knowledgeable on the effect of adding fingerprints to an application in process. I do have some information on the trending of average processing days (history) since February, 2021. (The information is posted only for the most recent reporting period on the website)

Processing Statistics

Source- https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid

Month/ Year

New FOID application Average Processing Time (Days)

Renewal FOID application Average Processing Time (Days)

New Non-Fingerprint CCL Average Processing Time (Days)

New Fingerprint CCL Average Processing Time (Days)

FTIP Average Processing Time (Hours)

02/2021

n/a

03/2021

04/2021

05/2021

06/2021

n/a

n/a

n/a

n/a

n/a

07/2021

08/2021

Please note that these are just averages and (as the Illinois State Police notes) "not all applications are processed in the order that they are received". Also, to give you some context, I recently renewed my CCL and my prints were on file. The process took almost 230 days- from renewal submission to license receipt. I submitted my renewal in January. The Illinois State Police does not publish CCL renewal statistics.

Good luck!

Thanks guys for the timely responds. all replies was very much accepted. I was thinking the same just sit back and wait it out. Just wanted you guys input on the matter, like Howie said spend it on more ammo lol. found a website online called firearms depot that ships the ammo right to my front door. Mr Bubacs I think im gone go have that cold one. peace out fellow shooters, be safe and thanks again for the advice.

Archived