Valor Ridge - Neighborhood Defense

speedbump

DX, whatever your mind can conjure ... has been attempted.

gLocked, as long as it's safe ... and it works ... it's fine. Home built ARs go down nearly every class. Last month's victim was a just broken in Sig with an aftermarket Geiselle trigger. Sad to see.

Simple, reliable, minimalist stuff works a very high percentage of the time, and with the protocols in place give ARs reliability factors equal to AKs.

DX, whatever your mind can conjure ... has been attempted.

gLocked, as long as it's safe ... and it works ... it's fine. Home built ARs go down nearly every class. Last month's victim was a just broken in Sig with an aftermarket Geiselle trigger. Sad to see.

Simple, reliable, minimalist stuff works a very high percentage of the time, and with the protocols in place give ARs reliability factors equal to AKs.

I've read a lot about gas blocks coming loose. I know my 18" build has a clamp on style, so it may not make it through heavy use (which isn't really its purpose). I would probably just use my 16" with a standard mid-length BCM upper. At least the gas block is pinned.

It's Reid's rodeo, he's strict about the prerequisite. We have a ton of military and LE guys come through, and they're pretty unanimous that even Rifleman I is a game changer, and far more comprehensive than any of the previous training they've had. Feel free to check Google Reviews for specifics.

One of the best investments is the Small Arms Course, which is Pistolcraft I and Rifleman I back to back. It allows both weapon systems to get intensive range time, and cuts down on multiple trips. Because of the physical layout of the range, we can split the class in two groups to nearly double the curriculum content, and minimize down time. Plus, a lot of students feel Reid's classroom lectures are pretty much worth the class cost even though there is less than two hours of that per day. Sorry.

Archived