The VPC lies

defaultdotxbe

On their "CCW killers" page they list 297 people killed by "Concealed carry killers"

they also say this:

(Any individuals who are eventually acquitted of their alleged crimes are not included in the tallies maintained on the site although the facts surrounding the killing are detailed.)

however i just went through their PDF of "Total people killed by concealed carry killers" and added up the numbers (including acquittals and cases with the charges dropped) and the total is...297. Meaning they include those who were acquitted or had charges dropped in their counts, despite saying they do not.

On their "CCW killers" page they say this:

(Any individuals who are eventually acquitted of their alleged crimes are not included in the tallies maintained on the site although the facts surrounding the killing are detailed.)

however i just went through their PDF of "Total people killed by concealed carry killers" and added up the numbers (including acquittals and cases with the charges dropped) and the total is...297

But they still include all the cases that are "pending". I.E. the shooter is guilty until proven innocent.

however i just went through their PDF of "Total people killed by concealed carry killers" and added up the numbers (including acquittals and cases with the charges dropped) and the total is...297

But they still include all the cases that are "pending". I.E. the shooter is guilty until proven innocent.

no, i mean they include everything, even acquittals (despite saying they dont) so the shooter is still guilty even after being proven innocent

I edited my OP to make it a bit more clear what they are doing

no, i mean they include everything, even acquittals (despite saying they dont) so the shooter is still guilty even after being proven innocent

So, they lie. Imagine that. They are truly grasping at straws. Thanks for checking this out!!

AB

some more stuff i gathered while readign through the pdf:

There are 58 cases that were ONLY suicide (no details are given for these either, no name, date, or whether a gun was used)

There are 25 murder suicides (so thats 83 where the CCW holder killed themselves)

There are 6 cases with no details (no name, date, or whether a gun was used)

There are 2 cases that did not involve a gun

There are 2 cases where the CCW holder was not the shooter

Also, most of the cases occurred in or around the CCW holder's home, meaning the CCW permit was irrelevant to the situation

another one that didnt quite pass the smell test for me:

Circumstances: On April 28, 2010, Amanda Knight, 21, was allegedly part of a group o

four criminals who took part in a home-invasion robbery that resulted in the death of

James Sanders, 43. Sanders was allegedly shot and killed after Knight and three others

came to his home purportedly to purchase a ring that had been advertised on Craigslist.

During the robbery, Sanders’ wife was tied up and one of his sons was pistol-whipped.

Knight and her accomplices were also suspects in a prior home-invasion robbery.

According to press reports, Sanders’ widow, Charlene, “felt chills” when she saw Knight

in court, stating, “I remember that face when I was zip-tied on the floor, looking up at

her.” Knight, who had a concealed handgun permit, was charged with first-degree

murder, first-degree robbery, and second-degree assault.

did a little digging, first source said Amanda Knight was arrested on weapons violations for having a concealed handgun on her

Second source said she had a Washington state permit, but this took place in California so the permit wasn't valid

But besides that, VPC would have you believe that if she didn't have the permit, she wouldn't have participated in a home invasion, or that her 3 friends (who also had guns, but no permits) wouldn't have gone on without her

Archived