CCL Totals - Nonresident and Resident - Aug 2015

kwc

See table below for August totals, obtained via FOIA request to the ISP. It took much longer to get the data this time around--not sure of the reason for ISP's delay.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/19/ed65600d73fffe4d4fa8bd18aed8ae06.jpg

I'll file a subsequent FOIA inquiry tonight to obtain further resolution on the reasons for revoked licenses, as promised in last month's thread:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57431&p=929522

Here's a summary of cumulative total CCLs (gathered via FOIA requests) beginning with my first inquiry in Aug 2014. I didn't start requesting resident totals until Dec 2014, hence the gaps in the data set.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/19/5d45c6b510afa90ee4cbb080b015eb75.jpg

That makes 35,778 new licenses in the first 222 days of this year, which is an increase of 7,470 from last month's updated totals. Considering that we were averaging just under 150 new licensees per day then, this bumps the average up to just over 161 new licenses granted per day! That's great news, since that puts the state on track to have around 58,825 more licenses than at the beginning of the year! Adding in the 91,753 licenses granted up until the end of 2014, targets us at well over 150,500 total CCLs in the state since they began issuing them! That's a big jump for the projected total from even just last month! It looks like things are starting to get rolling the way they should, and stupid denials are being shot down, considering that there were only 45 new final denials this past month in comparison. While that might be more than the previous two months (the total was 1,131 and 1,155 total denials for June and July respectively) the percentage is just around 0.006 new denials per new license granted.

Also, considering that the population of the state is most recently counted at 12,830,632, the new projected total would make it about 1.17 percent of the population having a CCL.

That seems low, but it's definitely an increasing potential percentage of the total population, which is fantastic! It's also well over 800 new licensees able to carry per month more than the ISP's predicted 4,000 new licenses that would be granted monthly.

Small victories, but the numbers are piling up towards actually "winning"!

Looking at the data in table above, I see that for Illinois, the number of issued + number denied + number pending + number revoked does not match the number of applicants. There are nearly 10,000 applicants "unaccounted for" - is this the number of applications that are "currently in flight"?

-Keith.

IMO, that would be a good approximation. Assuming a 60-day average processing time (prints and no prints), and around 5,000 CCLs issued per month, that would be about right.

Good work kwc!

ChicagoRonin70, that's a nice spin and a twist.

I know, ain't it? All of the predictive statistics pointed towards there being maybe 143,000 total licenses by the end of this year, which is nothing to sneeze at but I'd rather have that number get blown out of the water and exceed all expectations. This is one instance where I'd be ecstatic to be completely wrong about.

Archived