Security Guard College

temporary

Looks like people who did their training with Security Guard College are being DENIED

At least I did after checking the status of my application today.

Any one else out there with the same issue?

I keep calling the place but all I get is their voicmail.

Looks like its gonna start all over after I get my training somewhere else.

Did you check the instructor look up to see if your instructor is still on the list?

Is this place this: http://www.securityguardcollege.com/armed.php

They don't seem to be advertising Concealed Carry but are offering a "Weekend Training For Chicago Gun Permit Program" classes.

Nevermind, I found their Concealed Carry Page (had to go through the site map) so maybe they are no longer offering this course.

http://www.securityguardcollege.com/cc.php

I would however, look at the IL Instructor Look-up and see if you instructor's name is still listed as eligible. If they pulled his eligibility I would want a refund.

On a side note, did you receive an email stating why you were denied (or actual paper in the mail)? Are you sure you were denied because of training?

Looks like people who did their training with Security Guard College are being DENIED

I think there was a warning about Security Guard College doing improper training in these forums a long time ago.

I did my training with them back in November at which point the instructor was on the Approved List. He is off the list now

Their website did offer the training but looks like they took the link from the main page off.

Didn't receive anything from the ISP, just checked my status online and it said

Your application has been denied for the following reasons: Failed to meet all training requirements

Keep calling the place and leaving messages with no response

Thinking of stoping by Bass Pro in Bollingbrook tomorrow to speak to the manager.

I did my training with them back in November at which point the instructor was on the Approved List. He is off the list now

Their website did offer the training but looks like they took the link from the main page off.

Didn't receive anything from the ISP, just checked my status online and it said

Your application has been denied for the following reasons: Failed to meet all training requirements

Keep calling the place and leaving messages with no response

Thinking of stoping by Bass Pro in Bollingbrook tomorrow to speak to the manager.

Ya, they are not teaching at BP anymore either.

I waited to take my training. I didn't do the classes until 2 weeks ago. I mostly blame my wife for the wait but honestly this is exactly what I was concerned about. I wanted people who took the classes from my instructor to receive their license first, then I signed up.

Don't get me wrong, my instructor was great, we followed all the rules and I thought he was great before I took the class too. I just didn't want to end up holding a worthless piece of paper. I find no fault for those who attended an approved class by an approved instructor. I think it is crap that they get hosed when the training is revoked.

Cut rate classes yield unwanted results? Color me surprised...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think there was a warning about Security Guard College doing improper training in these forums a long time ago.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42821

Just spoke with a student a couple hours ago who had their training from James Andel at Security Guard College. He contacted me seeking training, and explained what happened. Scumbag had his creds pulled anf now all his students are screwed. I'm training him for free. He's also active duty military, so trying to help out as much as possible.

Wash your hands after using the facilitlies. You dont want to get pink eye.

Already called the credit card company in seek of my funds. They are just requesting proof of denial from lack of training so I faxed of them a screen shot of the isp page and they are proceeding to collect the funds.

James nra creds have been also stripped from what im finding out. Granted they existed to begin with.

Bigdeesul, I do think their shall be a suit filed. I missed days of work to take class. Lost cash times 2 and all for notta.

Also tried to do a dispute with Paypal since that was the method of payment, but Paypal wont escalate to a claim since its been more then 45days from the day of the transaction. Will try to call Paypal today and see what they say. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

How did you pay thru paypal?

Did you pay with a card, bank account, or paypal balance?

Also tried to do a dispute with Paypal since that was the method of payment, but Paypal wont escalate to a claim since its been more then 45days from the day of the transaction. Will try to call Paypal today and see what they say. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

How did you pay thru paypal?

Did you pay with a card, bank account, or paypal balance?

Paypal is linked to my debit card. I will visit my bank tomorrow..good thinkin. Thanks.

This is a terrible situation. I thought from the get go that numerous warning signs, bells, whistles, etc were going off about this "training company"...?

I guess there were quite a few people who were looking to save a few bucks instead of paying a little more for quality...

Just know this, you are not alone. I am still getting people in classes who took the "training" over a year ago; yes, you read that right...

If Bass Pro were wise, they would refund all 327 people by gift card as an apology for "endorsing" this training company by association. One would assume that a trainer who was associated with Bass Pro would be legit. It's a drop in the buck for Bass Pro, but would yield huge public relations and publicity points with the victims of this fraudster.

I along with a few friends and friends of friends are planning a class action lawsuit. My friend was told by a Sgt at the isp that he should contact the states attorneys office. I will keep all you guys posted on any progress that we make. Cause even though there were over 300 denied I know there are a lot more who have taken the course but not yet applied.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Archived