Dec. 2021 Administrative Rules change?

howie

I believe the question is about this rule:

Under Administrative Rules adopted December 21, 2021, your training certificate must now be submitted in order to receive a new license. We have begun to reject renewal applications as incomplete if they are missing training certificates. Rejection is NOT a denial. A rejection means your submission is incomplete and needs correction or additionionalsic documentation. Return to your dashboard and make the required correction(s). Remember, per 430 ILCS 66/70 (c), your current license remains active if you submitted your renewal application BEFORE your expiration date. Finally, during the period of the disaster declaration, if your card expires but you subsequently submit an application for renewal, your card will be returned to active status while your application is being processed.

I hadn't seen it. At this point, there's no real reason not to go to classes. The original COVID rule allowing later upload of certificates was put in place because people were (supposedly) prohibited from gathering.

• 1 month later...

I talked with Senator Syverson's office about a bill that would amend the CCL statute so that it would mandate ISP contacting the instructors when they make administrative changes. They are the ones changing things, and they have all the contact info for every instructor. There's no reason they can't email us. The gaI I talked with agreed. She said the Reps and Senators often don't know about the changes unless an instructor happens to tell them.    

Archived