Photo

Non-Resident CCW - Has Anyone Successfully Done This?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 OneGun

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:32 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but if ISP decides tomorrow that your State is no longer “substantially similar” they can and will summarily cancel/revoke your license with no refund/recourse on your part.

This is true.  The original four states included HI and South Carolina, but not now.

Annoy a Liberal, Get a Job!

#32 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but if ISP decides tomorrow that your State is no longer “substantially similar” they can and will summarily cancel/revoke your license with no refund/recourse on your part.

You are correct. Sucks don't it.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#33 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:40 AM

That's what happened to a few from New Mexico.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#34 Skolnick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which of them has laws that are substantially similar. Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia.

It works both ways. Earlier this month they added Idaho and Nevada to the list of "substantially similar" states.

#35 OneGun

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:40 AM

That's what happened to a few from New Mexico.

And Hawaii and South Carolina.

Annoy a Liberal, Get a Job!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users