HB 400 Auto Weapon Safe Zone?

Drylok

Its probably similar to Oak Park's Nuclear Free Zone. Nuclear weapons, if you don't already know, are banned in Oak Park.

Damn, I'll have to remember that next time I'm through there. What if I have it cased up and in the trunk?? lol

Oh my God, tears are streaming down my face :frantics: as I type......seriously can you show me where this is on the books?????

I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard :headbang1:

No Nukes, No Nukes! :headbang1:

Bawhahahah

So I just called this Rep's office and spoke with one of his assistants. This is currently a "shell" bill because they are still working on the text. They are supposed to contact me when it's completed.

The told me that this bill is an effort to help curb crime in their district. I mentioned that automatic weapons are already federally banned (for the most part). She said she understands that. I asked how legislation on something that is already federally banned will help reduce crime. She said, "that's why they're still working on it"

OK, now I feel much safer!

Representative André M. Thapedi (D) 32nd District Chicago, was just elected in 2008 and it sounds like he wants to just get a bill in the process. In my opinion, this is liberal lawmaking in it's purest state. "We know we NEED more gun laws, we just need more time to think of one."

Archived