Main menu "Support" option- Page access denied to new request

Stats

On the top navigation bar there is an item called "Support". When you click on support you are taken to a page that shows "Your Support Requests". When I click on the  "New Request" button, I receive the message:

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."

My questions are:

Is this expected behavior for this option?

Would you need to be at a different member participation level for this option to work?

Would this be functionality that would be expected to work in the future?

Thank you for any insight.

The support option requires that we set up departments to which support requests can be automatically routed.   That's a new option for us with the upgrade to v4.5, so there were no existing departments that migrated to the new software, and we haven't had a chance to discuss the need for this level of automation, let alone set it up.  We're small enough that the old methods of posting questions in Site Support or dropping a moderator a PM has worked pretty well so far.

Is there something I can help you with?

On 9/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, mauserme said:

The support option requires that we set up departments to which support requests can be automatically routed.   That's a new option for us with the upgrade to v4.5, so there were no existing departments that migrated to the new software, and we haven't had a chance to discuss the need for this level of automation, let alone set it up.  We're small enough that the old methods of posting questions in Site Support or dropping a moderator a PM has worked pretty well so far.

Is there something I can help you with?

All makes good sense. Looks like a good feature to grow into. Thank you for the information.

Archived