Queen v. Alvarez and Berlin

Ms. Baker isn't too experienced (AT ALL) with federal litigation. First, she co-signed the MTD, then SIX LAWYERS didn't even think to serve it upon Plaintiffs' counsel (probably was told by the clerk that she screwed up). Then she goes and serves notice that she filed the MTD and includes that with the notice of the filing of the motion. Then she serves a notice upon opposing counsel and again attaches the MTD, presumably because of yet another case of defective service, notifying opposing counsel that the motion will be presented in front of an angry federal judge where said federal judge will rip off her head and sh...I mean, be very very angry especially since she referred to Judge St. Eve as a man :) Part of me wants to go sit in the gallery and watch.

"PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on June 11, 2013, at 8:30 a.m., I shall appear before the Honorable Amy J. St. Eve in the Courtroom usually occupied by him in Room 1238 of the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, and present the attached Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Plaintiffs’ Complaint for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief, a copy of each of which is attached served upon you."

ANITA ALVAREZ

State’s Attorney of Cook County

By: /s/ Sisavanh B. Baker"

Well, get ready Ms. Baker. Get ready for a storm....not the Lee Goodman kind of storm either but an actual storm, an angry female district judge, who was referred to as a man in Ms. Baker's. The pathetic thing is that SIX ATTORNEYS signed off on this...SIX! Not one, not three, but SIX attorneys, four ASAs and two SAs. I can't get over that. Cooper must be keeled over laughing at the sheer incompetence and thinking "I sincerely hope these are not the best attorneys available to them."

Paul Castiglione, Esq. has his own ZoomInfo profile page and it's hilarious...

http://www.zoominfo....glione/92915594

Get a chuckle our of these gems, it says they're from Capitolfax but I seem to recall some of them originating here...I think, oh well they're funny. This Zalewski citation is straight up hilarious and I'd love to buy him a beer for this even though he wasn't as crude as one would be led to believe...

"Chicago Democrat Mike Zalewski said unless and until Castiglione has a different court order or legal opinion, he should keep his mouth shut."

"Judge Posner will teach Mr. Castiglione and others about how our federal system works."

"Castiglione must not be a scholar of Constitutional Law."

"The cost to all of us in Castiglione abiding by his threat is that the state and local government will be exposed to possible financial costs related to the legal liability inherent in that approach, i.e., a new law suit and punitive costs assessed by the federal court. Nice way to put taxpayers' dollars at risk."

He's also a legendary litigator, as per the IARDC:

Full Licensed Name: Nicolas Paul Castiglione

Full Former name(s): None

Date of Admission as Lawyer

by Illinois Supreme Court: November 10, 2011

Malpractice Insurance:

(Current as of date of registration;

consult attorney for further information) In annual registration, attorney reported that he/she does not have malpractice coverage. (Some attorneys, such as judges, government lawyers, and in-house corporate lawyers, may not carry coverage due to the nature of their practice setting.)

Awesome, little known fact, attorneys in IL are not mandated to carry malpractice insurance. He's been admitted to the bar for a whopping 19 months give or take. If I were Alvarez, I'd want someone uhh...more competent.

Skinny,

Actually this particular Castiglione has been a member of the Bar since 1987. There are four Castigliones. Two Nicholas and Paul with the Cook County State's Attorney, hello, nepotism! A Judge Frank and a woman who no longer keeps her license. But the fact that he has been practicing since 1987 really only makes it worse. I just glanced at the Motion no real reading and just off the top of my head the one thing he seems to forget, I could be wrong once again, is that the case at hand deals with issues of Constitutionality. Big difference. As I understand it, the only time the State Supreme Court has final say so over issues of constitutionality would be in regards to the state constitution. As Mr. Castiglione well states, the bottom line is Moore is the law of the 7th and I'll be darned but Illinois is part of the 7th.

Oh God so...there's a Nicholas Paul Castiglione who's an ASA and a Paul Castiglione who's an ASA and Frank who's a judge? Machine at work. This retard has had his law license for 26 years and still knows nothing? That's...pathetic.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Well this explains why the hearing was stricken from the calendar.

"MINUTE entry before Honorable Amy J. St. Eve: Defendants' motion to dismiss 21 is entered. Response by 6/28/13. Reply by 7/29/13. Joint status report deadline is stricken. Status hearing set for 6/20/13 is stricken and reset to 9/30/13 at 8:30 a.m. No appearance is required on the 6/11/13 notice date. Mailed notice (kef, ) (Entered: 06/06/2013)"

Status hearing rescheduled for September 30th? Seriously? District court judges go on summer recess?

Skinny,

if you consider the schedule 9/30 is not unrealistic. she has to rule on the motion and there is no point in a status hearing until the motion to dismiss is resolved. which all on its own is strategy to delay. filing motions just puts the inevitable down the road so long as the motions are not totally frivolous. also you do take into account attorney's and court calendars when scheduling, ie. people take vacations right before school comes back in September. So she really only has at most 60 days for a decision on the motion and of course she has other things going on, trials other motions, sequestration, yes sequestration, etc. Really not that unreasonable.

Wow it's almost like Mr. "The IL Supreme Court has the final say on federal issues...I failed con law 5 times" Castiglione and Ms. Baker purposefully filed that motion and screwed up by failing to serve it on all parties because they knew the judge would do this if they dogged it long enough (PURPLE!) At the behest of Alvarez of course, gaming the system is what she does best. It's gonna be a real long time before a class is certified as well. I know of one case where it took two years just to certify the class. Then the litigation. Yowza...I don't even see this being resolved by 2016 or 2017 and by that time Alvarez will be a defendant in yet another case (wild guess) along with Tom Dart and The City of Chicago, probably involving harassing permit holders by arresting on bogus charges and unlawfully seizing their weapons.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I did some Google Fu and found out that Paul (ASA/idiot) and Frank (judge) are brothers. Oh remember that Burr Oak Cemetery thing? Paul was tied to that, "tangentially" according to his brother in open court, but down the rabbit hole it went.

I did some Google Fu and found out that Paul (ASA/idiot) and Frank (judge) are brothers. Oh remember that Burr Oak Cemetery thing? Paul was tied to that, "tangentially" according to his brother in open court, but down the rabbit hole it went.

Why am I not surprised? Wish they would disappear down the rabbit hole.