Anyone have a couple M1A magazines?

Buzzard

Since redistributing wealth is in style these days....anyone have a couple M1A 20 rnd magazines? I don't have the prerequisite rifle yet - but I thought this might be a good time to buy a couple magazines, just to have them at the ready. I'm only wanting two or three. Springfield Armory preferred. Checkmate would be an acceptable substitute.

I did pick up a 5 rnd magazine already. But I guess another one of those may also be nice.

The ones marked "Springfield Armory" are Checkmate (CMI) mags ... just polished up a bit, stamped differently, and priced higher. Before the scare new CMI mags were $25 each.

Since I bought my M1A last year, I too have been on the lookout for quality magazines. I have picked up CMI ones, several of the CMI contract mags (the ones that say "restricted LE and military") as well as a variety of USGI magazines (Westinghouse, KMT, BRW, etc.). Those USGI ones I've found for on average about $30 per, and the CMI mags for $20-25 per. That's bottom dollar. Keep your eye out at gun shops, gun shows, yard sales, or whatever.

Buzz ... go on Gunbroker and check out one of your fellow Illinoisan's handle of "candu." That dude has lots of 3 Springfield commercial mags priced at the low, low price of $250 (plus tax, plus shipping, plus upcharge for CC use). That's almost $85 per mag.

So if you need mags, there they are! He's out of Mt. Morris.

(don't know if "candu" is a member here ... but if you are ... damn!)

I'm just back from the The Sauk Trail Gun Collectors Show & Sale, Princeton, IL and scored three BRW/USGI magazines in very nice, practically un-used condition for $40.00 ea. I first found two used USGIs priced at $59.95. I left them lay. The same gentleman had a couple DPMS mags, new, in the bag for $75.00! (not sure why he didn't have those marked $74.95 - I mean, if knocking a nickel off sells stuff on one side of the table, why doesn't it on the other side? Is he charging $0.05 for the plastic wrapper?)

So it was a successful mission to Princeton, ARs were marked high, anything popular was running quite high. I was pleased to see that .30 cal carbines were bringing $1000 for nice ones, that would be your Inlands and such. So, I would hope to get more for my Winchester, though it doesn't have the correct furniture. I may try to remedy that in the future. M1As seemed to be going quite high - I saw a USED one with a Springfield scope/mount on it for $5,000. Damn!

Archived