Photo

Inserting Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 SirMatthew

• Members
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

This question has come up a few times so I'm posting a brief reference guide with images to show how it is done.

(Please forgive the large/bold type but my text was getting lost amid all these images.)

When you begin a new thread or reply to an existing one you will see a row of icons shown in the image below. To embed a YouTube movie you will click the very last icon in the row (see circled below).

step1media.JPG

Next, locate your YouTube video and copy the URL from that location (highlighted in blue below).

step2media.JPG

Return to your IllinoisCarry page and paste the URL into the MEDIA URL field, as shown below.
Then click the INSERT MEDIA button.

step3media.JPG

The URL will be transferred to the body of your reply area with the necessary "tags" needed for embedding. You may (and should) add comments before or after this line of code. When finished, click on the ADD REPLY button at the bottom to finalize your post.

step4media.JPG
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means." -- Thomas Jefferson to John Colvin, 1810.

#2 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,314 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Sir Matthew. Very helpful info. I'll see if I can make this a sticky at the top of this forum where I can always find it!!

AB
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#3 GNHNTN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Yes, thank you SirMathew! I often give up on trying to embed things (my wife says I have no patience). You're right Abolt this would make an excellent sticky.
GNHNTN

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." --Ted Nugent

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his script: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Jesus Christ, Creator of the Universe, and you and I [Luke 22:36]

You may find me lying face down, dead in a ditch someday, but you can bet I'll be face down in a pile of brass!

#4 Blackhawk067

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Bump....

What am I doing wrong as far as trying to embed YT vids?

I tried embedding, pasting link (which used to work), etc....nothin' working.

FixedLogo.png

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,646 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

The change since the last upgrade is posted here:

http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=23997
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams