SB1640, and a procedural question

metalwright

SB1640, which was introduced last year, has been referred to Assignments last October.

My (completely self-serving) question is, is this bill still alive? And if so, what is Assignments? Do they schedule the bills or something?

I know this is probably something I should research on my own. I am hoping one of the legislative experts in here will be able to answer it, though... Thanks!

The deadline for it to move out of committee came and went. It was referred back to "assignments" where a lot of bills languish until the end of the two year session - which is May 31, 2016. However, a bill is never truly dead until after the end of session. It can be pulled back into play at a moment's notice or cut and pasted into another bill that is farther along in the process.

With only two sponsors, it's got a long, hard road ahead.

The deadline for it to move out of committee came and went. It was referred back to "assignments" where a lot of bills languish until the end of the two year session - which is May 31, 2016. However, a bill is never truly dead until after the end of session. It can be pulled back into play at a moment's notice or cut and pasted into another bill that is farther along in the process.

With only two sponsors, it's got a long, hard road ahead.

Thanks!

Archived