Other Weapons Charges in Illinois

Bosweep

While reading the thread "Using Lethal Force to Prevent Burglary" I clicked on the link:

http://tinyurl.com/jtoabj7 to read the article & clicked on the link at the bottom http://tinyurl.com/h7ystfm

"Other Weapons Charges in Illinois". In that article it states:

Unlawful to Carry a Weapon in a Place Licensed to Sell Alcohol

Additionally, it is illegal to carry certain weapons, including firearms, stun guns or tasers, and other deadly weapons, in an establishment that is licensed to sell intoxicating beverages. Violation of this law is also a Class 4 felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of one year in prison.

So according to this law firm I have been committing a Class 4 Felony

It kinda forgets to mention the language concerning the FCCL

We carry under The FCCA (430)

They're quoting (720) and (730) which is a total different animal.

Plus, it's Naperville, just saying

And IIRC the FCCA statute says "Serves" alcohol and not "Sells" it!

Their ad continues at the bottom with this:

The circumstances in which you possessed the weapon that you are being held accountable for greatly influence the severity of your charges and the sentencing you face. By working with an experienced attorney, you may be able to have the charges dropped or reduced. Contact the passionate.......(Law Frim Name Here).

We carry under The FCCA (430)

They're quoting (720) and (730) which is a total different animal.

Plus, it's Naperville, just saying

And IIRC the FCCA statute says "Serves" alcohol and not "Sells" it!

Their ad continues at the bottom with this:

The circumstances in which you possessed the weapon that you are being held accountable for greatly influence the severity of your charges and the sentencing you face. By working with an experienced attorney, you may be able to have the charges dropped or reduced. Contact the passionate.......(Law Frim Name Here).

Sorry, FCCA, not FCCL.

I do see in the FCCA prohibited in serving 50% section, but where in the statute does it prohibit carrying in an establishment that sells such as a liquor store or grocery store with liquor store area or section if the business is not posted? This is where I am confused then.

Archived