CZ Scorpion Chicago/Cook?

JC138

Hi, I'm pretty new to guns and live in Chicago (oof, I know.) I've been interested in the CZ Scorpion. I'm pretty sure that's fine as it's a "pistol".

My question is the micro. I've seen websites unwilling to ship it to IL, and there's even a disclaimer on Midwest Guns website they can't sell it in Cook. Is it because it has a brace? I thought braces were ok? Other than the brace, the only difference between the Scorpion S1 and S2 (micro) is the micro has a shorter barrel. I plan on not carrying this, and just for home/ range use. Thanks.

I kind of recall Midwest making an agreement with Cook or Lyons regarding "assault weapons" and some other lawsuit a few years ago but I could be wrong. As Chicago/Cook has an AWB, many places may choose not to sell to a Cook resident even though you might legally be keeping it elsewhere. Braces are still OK afaik. If brace and length are the only differences, it sounds like policy or conforming to the AWB or local regulations. Many places wont sell ammo or firearms to Cook/Chicago residents even though it would be legal to do so

IANAL

Archived