CLIC 5.0 - IllinoisCarry Updated Curriculum - Order now!

Molly B.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:36 PM, Chumps1 said:

Hey Molly,  Was wondering if there was a new update coming out.  Thanks for all you do!!!

CLIC 5.0 is the most updated version. The FOID Modernization Act signed into law in 2021 and the Firearm/Magazine/Parts ban signed into law in 2023 created a lot of changes in IL FOID and Concealed Carry Law.  Our curriculum has now been updated to include all changes in the law since CLIC 4.0

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Molly!

I have several questions about CLIC 5.0: (by the way, thank you for CLIC.  It has been an outstanding resource for me!)

1. I acquired CLIC 5.0 in March, 2022.  I know that you have posted changes that occurred since then in PDFs on the forum, but have these changes been incorporated directly into the CLIC slides?  In other words, should I make a donation to receive a refreshed copy of CLIC 5.0 or would I be receiving the same thing that I did in March of 2022?

2. Module 5 (Intro to Carry Law) consists of 100 slides.  When we hit and get into that module, we seem to put our students to sleep, due to it's length and dry subject matter.  Do you have any suggestions on how to pear that down?

3. In module 5, slide 49, there is the following  comment: "Representative Phelps Remarks were???"  What was the intent of this comment?

Again, CLIC 5.0 has been a phenomenal resource.  Thank you for putting that together.

1. It looks like the slides for segment on FOID and the segment on Intro to Carry Law have been updated with some changes. However, the PICA changes in law have not been incorporated in the instructor manual or slides because it would have been a huge undertaking that we do not expect to withstand the court challenges.  They remain as a standalone addition.

2. Some instructors use the slides, some do not.  I do not use the slides for this segment for the same reason.  I instruct from the instructor manual and take questions to break up the monotony - good snacks help too! Students are invited to bring snacks.

3. The intent of the comment is to introduce legislative intent expressed by the Chief Sponsor during bill debate on the floor of the House.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:36 PM, Molly B. said:

1. It looks like the slides for segment on FOID and the segment on Intro to Carry Law have been updated with some changes. However, the PICA changes in law have not been incorporated in the instructor manual or slides because it would have been a huge undertaking that we do not expect to withstand the court challenges.  They remain as a standalone addition.

Thanks for your reply.

If I want the new slide set for the FOID and Carry Law segments, do you want me to send you another donation?