1911 sear jig

Vaden

Hey all, i just dumped some cash into perfecting my future CCW 1911 and after attaining a near prefect trigger, i am worried my sear may be ground a bit negative. Does anyone in the Schaumburg/Hanover Park area have a sear jig to loan so i can re-grind it?

Both hammer and sear surfaces can be negative, neutral or positive. My hammer is south and square, but the sear noise was out of sorts because the trigger bow was really out of spec, so i stoned it lightly by hand and it looks good but its very hard to get proper angles by hand.

Not to be mean but grinding a hammer sear without a jig is very dangerous. If you didn't know what you were doing you should not have attempted it solo. Please go to a smith before you have hammer follow or unintended doubles in a crowded self defense situation.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

I have quite a while before i worry about that. I'm sure I'll have a new FCS installed by then. It doesn't follow, i just want to re angle the whole thing. Its payday, probably time to order one tonight.
id pay a smith that money to let you use his and talk you through it. Same result. Don't have a tool at the end but have confidence. Your work both ways.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

Archived