Appleseed shoot at the KAP Guns Range!

Kenny

Here is a Link to the other thread with all the info.

Pre-Registering is important folks, Good pre-reg numbers draw in more Instructors. While I can assure you there will be plenty of Instructors, you can never have "Too Many" Instructors.

This is going to be a great shoot, many of you have been to Kenny's before and for those who have not here is the chance to see what your missing! Tons of instruction, tons of Marksmanship improvememnt and of course FREE ONSITE CAMPING! Are we having fun yet!

FYI, The $10 range fee goes to Kenny's Range Improvement Fund

Please feel free to print a flyer or twenty and pass them on, Appleseed is all grassroots! http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9528.0

See you all in Durand!

If you could only make it there for one day I'm guessing day one would be the most informative???

That is correct Bob but either day you get plenty of shooting and instruction.

I still want to register but only can make it out for 1 day. For those with previous experience, which day would be the most informative? I'm leaning towards saturday.

How much ammo should be expected for 1 day? 200rds?

Also, I currently don't have a rail mounted front sight so I would like to use a 3x scope. I know Appleseed shoots are leaned toward irons but is it ok to use optics?

If you could only make it there for one day I'm guessing day one would be the most informative???

That is correct Bob but either day you get plenty of shooting and instruction.

I still want to register but only can make it out for 1 day. For those with previous experience, which day would be the most informative? I'm leaning towards saturday.

How much ammo should be expected for 1 day? 200rds?

Also, I currently don't have a rail mounted front sight so I would like to use a 3x scope. I know Appleseed shoots are leaned toward irons but is it ok to use optics?

Sat would be the best day & leave your scope on that is fine I did irons last time & I will be using the eotech this time.

Yep, Kenny is spot on.

If you have never been to an Appleseed and can only attend one day, Saturday will give you the most benefit.

If you have already been to an Appleseed and only can attend one day, Sunday will give you the most benefit in your Quest for that Rifleman Score.

If you are coming for one day, bring 250rnds just in case. :lips sealed:

I have 2 sons 11 and 14 both are well behaved and pay good attention would love to take them to one of these shoots so they could get better instruction that what I give them. I assume if it was something I could take them to I would need to have a seperate rifle for each of us? Fill me in on some tips if you have any, trying to decide when to do this was even thinking next weekend. This would give them some range time before we try the youth deer season the 10thand 11th. Thanks.

Fill me in on some tips if you have any...

Tips on how to setup a 10/22 here:

libertytrainingrifle_setup.pdf

Also recommend getting a Hogue Overmold stock which already has the swivel slings built in. Get extra standard magazines as they are best for reliability, need at least 2 per rifle.

Additional info:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8659.0

Seems like the new Marlin Model is recommended now. Cheaper than a 10/22 with more features...

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/795.asp

I can't make it to this one, but I hope to make it to one in the future.

I'm planning on purchasing a .22 soon, and I am looking at the Colt and S&W ARs in .22. Would those be what I should bring to an Appleseed? Or should I bring something more like a 10/22? Or should I just bring whatever I'm most comfortable with? I don't know quite what goes on at these, I've just heard you learn a heck of a lot. I hope you have another at your range next year!

Great news folks!

One of the Best is signed on. TheGuy has agreed to be Shoot Boss. He is one of only a handfull of RWVA Master Instructors and typically is travelling across the country running shoots.

You will not be disapointed! :headbang1:

Are you going to be there?

FYI I am using the Eotech this time both days!!

Great news folks!

One of the Best is signed on. TheGuy has agreed to be Shoot Boss. He is one of only a handfull of RWVA Master Instructors and typically is travelling across the country running shoots.

Yes I will be there, But why not challenge yourself on the second with irons.......Your gonna hit Rifleman with the eotech...right :whistle: oops I'm sorry no pressure, no pressure :ph34r:

Trform,

If your going to buy a used 10/22, you might as well buy a new Marlin 795, you can find them on sale for around $100. Same reliable action as the mod 60 tuber, but they are mag fed semi-autos which really help the kids out at an Appleseed. Just add 1 1/4" sling swivels and an M1 Garand sling and your good to go. If the kids have a great time and you plan on bringing them back order a set of Tech-Sights for them.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Sorry to say I wont be able to make Saturday either, my Cousin is having a 50th birthday party. I wish you all a safe and fruitful learning experience and wish to thank Kenny for hosting!

I'm curious to see what improvements have been made to the best little shooting gallery in the greater Durand area, hope someone remembers to bring their camera!

Maybe I'll see some of you at the next Maxon's combat shoot or even the next Appleseed in Ottawa. Perhaps if we ask real nice Kenny will throw another Durand shoot!!!

Great news folks!

Yes I will be there, But why not challenge yourself on the second with irons.......Your gonna hit Rifleman with the eotech...right :whistle: oops I'm sorry no pressure, no pressure :ph34r:

Trform,

If your going to buy a used 10/22, you might as well buy a new Marlin 795, you can find them on sale for around $100. Same reliable action as the mod 60 tuber, but they are mag fed semi-autos which really help the kids out at an Appleseed. Just add 1 1/4" sling swivels and an M1 Garand sling and your good to go. If the kids have a great time and you plan on bringing them back order a set of Tech-Sights for them.

Hope to see you on the trail.

I need a sling can you bring an extra one to sell me I was just at Gander & couldn't find one that would work.

Saturday 10

Local Pollen Levels

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy High

46°F

Low

29°F

Precip: 10%

Wind: W

at 12 mph

UV Index: 4 Moderate

Humidity: 66%

Sunrise: 7:05 AM

Sunset: 6:23 PM

close close

details details

Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Sunday 11

Flight Delays

Few Showers

Few Showers High

44°F

Low

33°F

Precip: 30%

Wind: W

at 6 mph

UV Index: 4 Moderate

Humidity: 72%

Sunrise: 7:06 AM

Sunset: 6:21 PM

Last Quarter Moon Last Quarter Moon

Perfect Appleseed Weather! Kenny must know someone :Drunk emoticon:

The best sling for an Appleseed is the basic M1 Garand or M14 Web sling. They are cheap, and allow you to use it as a hasty sling or a loop sling. but they require 1 1/4" sling swivels. Here are some at Numrich , Here are some at CDNN

Worstcast scenario wire ties will adapt anything!

I will have a few extra on hand, Kenny gets first dibs

As for Promotions, the more the better Kenny!

The numbers on the forum are not up to date, so don't go off of those. Just be sure to tell everyone you invite that they need to pre-register on eventbrite to gaurantee their spot on the line. Worst case scenario, I beleive we have enough instructors signed on to run relays.

Register here..

Appleseed Schedule

Learn more here..

What To Bring to An Appleseed Shoot

Archived