Bourne and McMillan Push for Non-Binding Second Amendment Referendum

InterestedBystander

Unsure if these would be in place of a county board resolution or, like Christian, going along in conjunction with a passed county board resolution.

http://www.wmay.com/2018/08/06/bourne-and-mcmillan-push-for-non-binding-second-amendment-referendum/

A local lawmaker and a legislative candidate are pushing for a non-binding referendum in November asking voters for their views on the Second Amendment and gun control.

Republican Representative Avery Bourne and GOP Senate candidate Seth McMillan want to put the advisory question on the ballot in Christian, Macoupin and Montgomery Counties.

It asks whether the General Assembly should pass any additional laws that restrict a citizens ability to own or possess firearms. Bourne and McMillan say the question will give voters the chance to communicate directly about their views on gun control.

Waste of time.

I beg to differ. The state map of counties supporting resolutions and referenda is filling up, county by county. Over 40 counties opposing legislative thuggery is not a waste...it's powerful.

No. I stand by my statement. Non-binding referenda are a complete waste of time. That's energy that could be spent doing something that matters.

Waste of time.

I beg to differ. The state map of counties supporting resolutions and referenda is filling up, county by county. Over 40 counties opposing legislative thuggery is not a waste...it's powerful.

No. I stand by my statement. Non-binding referenda are a complete waste of time. That's energy that could be spent doing something that matters.

They told us the same thing a decade ago when we lobbied for concealed carry. Being proactive on multiple fronts is a good thing, but to each their own I suppose.

Waste of time.

Not really! One purpose of this is to increase voter turnout. Voter turnout downstate is the key to keeping Pritzker out of office.

I really would like to believe you. But, I think you're deluding yourself. Pritzker is going to be the next governor of this state and there's only one person to blame for that. Bruce Rauner.

I really would like to believe you. But, I think you're deluding yourself. Pritzker is going to be the next governor of this state and there's only one person to blame for that. Bruce Rauner.

Apparently you think Rauner should have become a Madigan puppet and not pushed for any reforms at all.

If you think I'm wrong then elaborate, in detail, what Rauner could have done that doesn't involve him being Madigan's puppet.

Apparently you think Rauner should have become a Madigan puppet and not pushed for any reforms at all.

If you think I'm wrong then elaborate, in detail, what Rauner could have done that doesn't involve him being Madigan's puppet.

Wait. Rauner WASN'T a Madigan puppet? Damn...could have fooled me!

Still waiting for you to say what Rauner should have done to meet your approval. Within the limits of his constitutional powers of course.

And if you can't do that you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Or maybe you think JB is the solution?

Still waiting for you to say what Rauner should have done to meet your approval. Within the limits of his constitutional powers of course.

And if you can't do that you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Or maybe you think JB is the solution?

Rauner could have started by not signing the bill that would allow Medicaid to pay for baby murders. Maybe? He could have also rallied Republican legislators to stop the income tax increase. It could not have overrode his veto without Republican votes. Where's the leadership? Honestly, the guy has been MIA for four years.

This was our last chance to save the state and it was squandered. It's over.

Archived