Ghost Industries v. Norridge

Greetings all...

Just a bit of an update on the case against the Village of Norridge.

Norridge has been granted until the end of September to respond to the Law Suit... While I am not happy with this, it is what it is.

More recent developments though: It appears that a Civil Rights Law Suit in Federal Court apparently isn't enough to make some people (of which I refrain from naming) to comprehend the seriousness of their unconstitutional and illegal actions. So much so that these unnamed individuals felt it necessary to commit a 5th Amendment Violation just this past Friday. Wow, that sends a very strong message that could probably be summed by just one finger on one hand.

Although my FFL grants me the rights and privilege to transfer firearms to lawfully qualified individuals, I am continuing to voluntarily refrain from conducting transfer in Norridge. Until further notice, I am working with a gunsmith in Lake County who is conducting transfers on my behalf to my local customers at my own expense.

I would like to personally thank those who have called to offer their support - especially the Law Enforcement officers, the Norridge residents that have dropped by in person to offer their support, the local customers that were willing to drive out to Lake County to pick up their purchases, and to those that have donated money to help me with my legal bills.

Please continue to provide support in any way that you can. While it is easy to send donations through PayPal, I feel very hypocritical if I continue to request that donations be sent through PayPal. I no longer accept PayPal period. Please send donations to:

Ghost Industries, LLC

7601 W. Montrose Ave.

Suite 2

Norridge, IL 60706

773-675-2855

info@ghostfirearms.com

www.ghostfirearms.com

I am accepting firearms for out-going transfers. If you have sold your firearm on gunbroker, etc... and need an FFL to send it out, please give Ghost the opportunity to earn your business. Out-bound transfer fee is $20.00 + the cost of shipping.

Thank you,

Tony

This email just came in from one of my local LE customers:

"Tony, it might be interesting to remind the Norridge Village board about how the

exigent circumstances of the North Hollywood shootout caused one courageous

gunshop owner to "lend" numerous Bushmaster AR-15's to the responding LAPD officers

without doing any of the required ATF paperwork. Totally illegal, but totally necessary

in order to stop Phillips and Matasareanu from continuing their rampage.

Because of the precedent of this case, Columbine, Northern Illinois University,

and so many other recent cases involving active shooters and home-grown terrorists,

the village of Norridge's aggressive efforts to prevent you from transferring duty weapons

to LE officers would seem to be a case of deliberate and willful malfeasance of their duty

to protect the public. This may in itself be a form of obstruction of justice.

I wonder what a good attorney would say about a class action suit from all the citizens

of Norridge, about the Village denying them their 2cnd amendment rights.

I'm not a lawyer, but this seems wrong on so many levels I am pretty sure the

Supreme Court would have an interest in this case, because it denies not only local

citizens their Second Amendment rights, and denies local police officers with time

critical tasking their ability to perform their sworn duties on both a state and federal level.

In any active shooter or terrorist situation, every minute is worth approximately 2-3 lives.

The North Hollywood shootout lasted 44 minutes. The recent attack in Norway lasted slightly

more than a few hours, but killed 93 people. The terrorists in Mumbai expanded their attack

over 3 days, and with only 10 men and extremely rudimentary weapons were able to kill 168

and wound 309.

Yet the crucial fact in every terrorist attack or active shooter situation is that if one armed

officer or first responder challenges them or can interrupt their attack "script", hundreds of

lives will be saved.

This is the sole reason that the Village of Norridge needs to give up their efforts to

prevent you from operating your business within their jurisdiction. One citizen or officer

could be the critical difference between an attempted attack and one in which hundreds

are killed.

Doubtless the Village board will think this is overly dramatic, and will cite the fact that

Illinois has no CCW, many local communities have handgun ordinances, and "this isn't

Israel, you know." Yet it would be very interesting to stage a mock active shooter exercise

in their busiest shopping area, and see what the results are.

But as my good friend Jeff Chudwin often says "Nothing is real until you experience it."

The Village of Norridge does not have the right to make their citizens pay in blood simply

because they're too timid to acknowledge the reality of the gang violence, active shooters,

and lone wolf terrorists. There are many cases nationwide during the past 10 years in

which local citizens were killed by lone wolf shooters because no one on the scene was

armed and able to stop them, and the police could not respond in time.

It can therefore be objectively argued that your FFL business actively makes Norridge safer,

because it provides the means to stop these types of mass murders. If the village officials

say "it can't happen here", we can pull out wheelbarrows full of documentation to show how

it happened in other small communities. If they choose to disregard that type of clear and

specific documentation, and not take appropriate measures to protect their community,

they are setting the stage for a lawsuit that could make them not only collectively liable,

but personally liable as well.

If you can lay a legal groundwork that ties their ordinance (against your operating an

FFL business) to an inability for citizens or police to stop active shooters, lone wolf terrorists,

or any other type of civic mayhem, it may make them reconsider their actions and change

their laws...."

...So much so that these unnamed individuals felt it necessary to commit a 5th Amendment Violation just this past Friday

What happened?

I meant 4th amendment.

The Norridge PD stopped by to conduct an "unannounced and random inspection of my business activities." They claim that this right is granted to them by Agreement. However, the alleged Agreement is not just unenforceable, it isn't even an Agreement under basic contract law. Additionally, I was coerced into signing the alleged Agreement under economic duress.

Under State Law, a peace officer has the authority to inspect the books and inventory of any gun shop. But they have made it very difficult for me to maintain inventory and stated from the start that they were making a "random and unannounced visit" as they had done so in the past prior to the law suit. They were there to send a message... I can only imagine the message their attorneys are conveying to them. This all screams of desperation.

Archived