I want a Manurhin MR73

2A4Cook

I got to shoot 2 of them this past weekend. I’m not sure on what models they were (as there are well out of my price range) but both had blueing that was equal if not better than any royal blue python I’ve ever seen. And the actions were complete butter. Darn fine choice if you can afford it. I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

I never thought I'd be willing to pay $3,300 for a new, modern revolver, but I want this sucker, and If I have to sell some of my "good" stuff, I am going to get it!

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manhurin-mr73-gendarmerie-4/

What do you see as being so good about it?

I am not challenging your opinion. My knowledge of guns is not all the great, so I will not debate you.

Usually people cite the engineering and quality of manufacturing that produces an exceptional shooter. In price and reputation, Manurhin is a little below Korth, but does anyone actually shoot a Korth? Manurhins are made to be carried and used by cops.

It's like driving a Porche, because you can use it everyday, versus a Lamborghini that you'd only drive when the weather is nice and never trust to valet parking.

Personally, I drive a Toyota, because it gets me there.

What do you see as being so good about it? ...

Usually people cite the engineering and quality of manufacturing that produces an exceptional shooter. In price and reputation, Manurhin is a little below Korth, but does anyone actually shoot a Korth? Manurhins are made to be carried and used by cops.It's like driving a Porche, because you can use it everyday, versus a Lamborghini that you'd only drive when the weather is nice and never trust to valet parking.Personally, I drive a Toyota, because it gets me there.

The 2 guns I was able to shoot were owned by 2 different people. The both also had Korths as well. I got to shoot those too. One was 357 and the other a 44 mag. I would call the actions on those and the Manurhins equal. The Korths were more competition oriented though whereas the Manurhins more traditional, no full underlugs or bull barrels. Sadly I will probably never own either but was fortunate enough to meet some people on another forum gracious enough to share what they have.

Usually people cite the engineering and quality of manufacturing that produces an exceptional shooter. In price and reputation, Manurhin is a little below Korth, but does anyone actually shoot a Korth? Manurhins are made to be carried and used by cops.

It's like driving a Porche, because you can use it everyday, versus a Lamborghini that you'd only drive when the weather is nice and never trust to valet parking.

Thanks for the response. I hope you get your Manurhin.

I have their version of the .380 PPK/s. It is obviously much lower on the totem than the MR73.

Thanks for the response. I hope you get your Manurhin.

I have their version of the .380 PPK/s. It is obviously much lower on the totem than the MR73.

To me, it's a beautiful, blued vintage Model 19 with a trigger from heaven and ability to run the heavy loads -- a lifetime revolver I can pass down to my son. Some things are just worth it.

Archived