Why I Carry A Gun

Lou

This is an oldie but it’s worth posting again.

———————————-

Why I Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!

A other good read on why I carry a gun.

—————

Taking reasonable precautions.

Whenever I drive my car I always use my seatbelt, I carry full insurance and all of my cars are equipped with airbags. I don't expect to get in a serious accident but I take reasonable precautions if the worst should happen.
My home is equipped with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers on every floor and I make sure my home owners insurance is current and adequate even though I pray I will never have a fire in my home.

These are just sensible precautions for something I hope and pray will never happen. I also carry a defensive firearm wherever I can legally all the while hoping and praying I'll never need it. It is just another sensible precaution.

Common sense insurance? It would be sensible if people who voted Democrat carried insurance for riots, looting, arson, gang crimes, murders, abortions, unemployment, and reparations to mal-contents. You know, all the consequences of blue-city and blue-state policies.

"Here's your D ballot and your premium coupon. Want to vote twice? Just include twice the insurance premium".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived