Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Not that it really means anything, and it’s probably local management following company-wide directives, but recently, we were in a Walmart near Alton, Illinois.  I saw a sign on the entry door telling customers,  please do not open carry firearms into the store, only law enforcement personnel are allowed to open carry.  I seriously thought about informing the manager that open carry is illegal in Illinois, only concealed carry is allowed.  But then my wife said I would be wasting my time and oxygen.  She’s right, you know.  Just wondered if anyone else had seen these signs anywhere else in the state.  Like I said earlier, it’s probably just the local management team following corporate directives, issued by know nothings who do nothing.

4 hours ago, carry205 said:

...  I saw a sign on the entry door telling customers,  please do not open carry firearms into the store, ...

It's their national policy. Open carry is discouraged, but not actually prohibited.

Walmart said:

Motivated by our desire to create a safe environment in our stores and clubs, we request that customers no longer openly carry firearms into Walmart or Sam’'s Club locations in states where open carry is permitted -- unless they are authorized law enforcement.

• 2 months later...

I don't come here that often any more, but it saddens me to see that the WalMart thread has fallen into such disrepair.

@Euler The funny thing is, OC is legit and Kansas and the local Wally World doesn't even have that sign up.  I've seen open carry on several occasions there.  I'm much more likely to see stupidcarry though: the guy who has his Glock 17 in an Uncle Mike's holster tucked into his cargo pocket.  And quite a few... gentlemen of expanding girth who have yet to up-size their t-shirt collection and their SCCY in the IWB holster looks like it's been shrink-wrapped to their love-handles.

Although I did see a gent a while back with a 1911 in a BBQ rig, dressed nicely, and giving good account of himself.

Brian

On 11/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, Odinson said:

MSN said:

... a 31-year-old woman inadvertently fired her 9mm pistol while shuffling through her handbag ...

The unidentified woman was at the checkout counter with her infant child when the misfire occurred ... Police responding to "a report of an accidental misfiring of a weapon" ...

Also a negligent discharge is not a misfire and not an accident. The story was written by a reporter, a job which focuses on the use of words, who apparently does not know the definitions of words. Situation normal.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, Odinson said:

MSN said:

... a 31-year-old woman inadvertently fired her 9mm pistol while shuffling through her handbag ...

The unidentified woman was at the checkout counter with her infant child when the misfire occurred ... Police responding to "a report of an accidental misfiring of a weapon" ...

2nd thought: If it was a P320, maybe she can sue Sig. Obviously only a manufacturing or design defect could be at fault.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, Euler said:

2nd thought: If it was a P320, maybe she can sue Sig. Obviously only a manufacturing or design defect could be at fault.

Maybe she can hire that Binger person to represent her in court. He's probably going to be looking for a job here pretty soon.

He can pick up a pistol and 'muzzle' the jury one handed this time.

Archived