FFL's moving/closing as a result of the new dealer licencing act- MEGA THREAD

Patriots & Tyrants

I hope that anyone posting a closing is very very careful to make sure that their information is correct. You can damage someone's business by posting that they have closed or moved their business when they haven't.

I would say 75% of the posts here are 1st hand posts in Social or Traditional Media, mainly Facebook and local papers . I will admit I am not trying to call these places before posting the info; if anyone sees an error let me know I like to leave the Fake News to CNN.

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-illinois-gun-dealer-licensing-act-drives-over-50-of-ffls-out-of-business/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-illinois-rifle-association-sues-over-gun-dealer-license-law-20190717-myo5rg67gfemrm5wcrjs66ylwi-story.html

https://www.daily-chronicle.com/2019/06/07/new-illinois-regulations-driving-waterman-gun-shop-out-of-state/ams4gbg/

Just a few articles I had saved. I just found this topic on here. I've been finding myself using Reddit more than IL Carry recently... This is all really crappy but I'm glad ISRA and a few other stores have filed suit against the state. There are even some places local to me on there (the suit). I might stop by tomorrow if I have time to ask them some questions.

Christopher coin gun and pawn closing August 17 if not before in Pekin Illinois on court street. I talked to them today and they said because of dealer licensing.

Great Guns Armory...Plainfield, Illinoiz

No longer doing transfers due to dealer licensing act, but, STILL OPEN for what I've always considered top notch gunsmith work at reasonable pricing.

Source: Paul, the owner, who I just got off the phone with.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added two more to the list, Jim's as well as Bridgeview Sports and Sales

I was fortunate enough to enjoy the final sale at Schranks, not a place normally on my beaten path but a cool small shop and sad to see them go

Me too! Great folks. Wish I’d found them sooner.

I found a really nice used BHP-40 at a great price and talked myself into walking out with a new Sig Legion when I returned to pick up the BHP. I should have added a couple more used pistols to the ticket but I was pinching pennies.

• 2 weeks later...

Added two more to the list, Jim's as well as Bridgeview Sports and Sales

I was fortunate enough to enjoy the final sale at Schranks, not a place normally on my beaten path but a cool small shop and sad to see them go

Me too! Great folks. Wish I’d found them sooner.

I found a really nice used BHP-40 at a great price and talked myself into walking out with a new Sig Legion when I returned to pick up the BHP. I should have added a couple more used pistols to the ticket but I was pinching pennies.

I am KICKING myself in the butt every day that I didn't buy that Nickel P7 they had for under 2K on Consignment. Those things are $2,500+ all day every day on gun broker.

• 4 years later...

Great Guns Armory in Plainfield stopped doing transfers quite a while ago as I posted after speaking to Paul. I've been trying to get a hold of him via phone and email for many weeks with no response. I get a recording when I call the number and zero response to my emails. I can't say for sure, but I'm going to assume he's completely out of business at this point. If that's the case, it's a darn shame. He's a nice fella and a talented smith. If I'm incorrect please feel free to correct me in this thread.