Make sure NRA Creds are up to date with ISP!

foxriver6

I got a letter from the ISP couple of weeks ago telling me that my instructor permit was revoked - after waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes I found out that my NRA credentials had expired. Sent I SP the scan of updated credentials. Hopefully keeping my fingers crossed.

The bad part was that they letter did not state why they were revoking my instructor credentials.

The good part - the lady at ISP on the phone was very helpful.

Too bad you didn't see this thread sooner! :(

I got a letter from the ISP couple of weeks ago telling me that my instructor permit was revoked - after waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes I found out that my NRA credentials had expired. Sent I SP the scan of updated credentials. Hopefully keeping my fingers crossed.

The bad part was that they letter did not state why they were revoking my instructor credentials.

My bad for not checking the forums regularly.

My bad for not checking the forums regularly.

Got an email from ISP saying that my records have been updated and I am good.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Good info. You would think you would get a letter or at least an email 30 days notice. I just checked and am good for a few more years.

• 1 month later...

Anybody have a current working e-mail address to send updated credentials to the ISP?

Their Instructor portal is next to useless like most Pols.

This is what I have from last year: Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

They were very quick to respond and let me know that they updated my file.

Edited by sirflyguy

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI

I just received the response below from the ISP regarding updating NRA instructor certification renewals. I had emailed a question about updating my certificate to Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us which produced this response today from ISP. So I guess we can either send by snail mail to the address below or email to the address above.

Mr. ,

Yes, we do require you to keep your NRA instructor certification current in order to remain a valid ISP Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor. Please forward the updates to this address as they are expiring. We have updated your instructor profile. Thank you for the information.

Illinois State Police
Concealed Carry Firearms
Instructor/Curriculum Section
801 S Seventh Street, Suite 400-M
Springfield, IL 62703

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...