CLIC Curriculum DVD instructions

Molly B.

There are several ways to access the information on the CLIC DVD which includes:

1. Massad Ayoob video on Justified Use of Force and what to do in the aftermath

2. Video chapters for accessing specific subjects the video

2. Handout for Justified Use of Force IL Statutes

3. Handout for prohibited places

4. PowerPoint

5. Keynotes

There are several ways to access the "extras" folders:

1.Close the media player. Leave the DVD in the tray, do not eject.

Open the page on your PC called "Computer" or "My Computer" and right-click on the DVD.

Select "Open", not "Play with with media player" or "Watch Movie".

You'll see three folders, one of them is "Extras".

2. If inserting the DVD causes an "Autoplay menu' dialog box on the PC to open,

select "open to view folders" or "open in folder view"

3. Open "Windows Explorer" and navigate to the DVD in Folders view.

4.Assuming that the DVD tray in your PC is called the "D" drive:

If your PC has a "run" command on the start menu, try running:

"D:\EXTRAS"

We've been mailing out all week - the last batch should go out this weekend!

Even the orders placed this week? If so that's fantastic news as I have been holding off even scheduling classes until I received my copy and had the chance to look it over and become familiar with it.

I think I saw a thread stating the orders were being filled in order of the dates received. = First to pay/order, first to get mailed out..

Molly B. might correct me though..

I noticed there were no power point modules for holster draw of dry fire exercises.

Was this correct?

Also there were a few things I noticed, I can't name off hand at the moment, but in no carry zones there was one placed mentioned twice. And also I forgot what module it was but there was a note I think the author left for him/her self "What does Brandon Phelps say about this?"

I mean I was just going to have a tv and dvd player and put the dvd in and let Mas do his thing. Do I have to get a power point projecter thingie???

You don't NEED the laptop, power point and projector. If you put the DVD into a standard DVD player Massad will start right up. I fyouw ant to access the extras you need a computer, and even then Massad will start right up, but you can "back end" the extras by browsing the file folders of the DVD.

Molly, I don't have a DVD drive in any of my laptops. Would you be able to send out electronic files so that I can just put it on a USB flash drive?

Just copy the files to your flash drive on another computer. Then copy them to the hard drive on your laptop. They will run better from the hard drive.

This is what I did, but for ease of use of having everything in one spot. The DVD is now a "backup"

Hey Molly since I am on a roll, it would also be helpful if Apendix a & B were .doc, because when I try to copy and paste into word all the formatting gets screwy. I wanted to paste them into my word document "handout for students" which includes a bunch of other stuff I put together, so I only have to print one file instead of two. I guess just me being lazy, I'll have to print 2 files instead of 1.

I noticed there were no power point modules for holster draw of dry fire exercises.

Was this correct?

Also there were a few things I noticed, I can't name off hand at the moment, but in no carry zones there was one placed mentioned twice. And also I forgot what module it was but there was a note I think the author left for him/her self "What does Brandon Phelps say about this?"

The note about Brandon Phelps is where the sponsor's (Phelps) legislative intent is quoted.

There are a couple of items (can't remember which ones) that are mentioned a couple of times because they fall under more than one category.

After loading the DVD I had to go to 'My Computer' and double click on the DVD drive icon to get Mas rolling.

But what if I'm using a standard DVD player and he doesn't start right up? I'm assuming a standard DVD player is a stand alone unit.

Sorry, can't help you there. I don't have a stand alone DVD player. Thought you were playing the DVD on your PC.

After loading the DVD I had to go to 'My Computer' and double click on the DVD drive icon to get Mas rolling.

But what if I'm using a standard DVD player and he doesn't start right up? I'm assuming a standard DVD player is a stand alone unit.

It may depend on the particular model of DVD Player. Some have the ability to explore folders and subfolders through menu screens/cursor with remote. Older players may be finicky with particular brands/types/format of DVD media e.g. DVD+/-R , DL formats

If you are a Mac user. This worked for me to get to the powerpoint files.

Put disk in DVD slot on laptop.

The movie will open. Close DVD player.

Go to applications.

Click on utilities.

Click on disk.

Right click on "Chapters DVD + Extras" that is in upper left corner of box.

Open "Chapters DVD + Extras"

Files will show up.

Click on EXTRAS to see files.

Should be able to move or save files now.

• Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived