IL CCW Trainer Curriculum Questions

mjw45

I just talked to an instructor who spoke with isp legal and they told him students can not combine 2 four hr classes to meet the first 8 hrs

I think you might ought to pass the details to Molly B Todd V - pm or e-mail

I left valinda a voicemail

you're ok - don't care what the rest of these people say about you

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked to an instructor who spoke with isp legal and they told him students can not combine 2 four hr classes to meet the first 8 hrs

This I can believe. Why would someone get 8 hours of credit if they took hunter's safety and then got a Florida license because they took hunter safety? That would be double credit for 1 course.

Someone with a Utah permit has taken a four hour course by a Utah approved instructor and Illinois gives four hours credit for that. If that person comes to me (I have the CLIC curiculim for the final eight hours and teach NRA BP for the first eight) and says "I only need 12 hours." I don't see any way I can give less than the NRA BP followed by the CLIC for a total of 16 hours. I have heard an advertizement for a four hour class being taught in my area, but don't find anything about a four hour course on the ISP site. I guess I am just confused about the whole mess. Jim.

This I can believe. Why would someone get 8 hours of credit if they took hunter's safety and then got a Florida license because they took hunter safety? That would be double credit for 1 course.

But if they took hunter safety and UT those are 2 separate 4 hr courses and should count for 8 hrs credit.

So why wouldn't they be given the full 8 hours credit if they had taken the 4 hr. Utah class , then taken the hunter safety class for the Fla. license ? Seems like the instructor Drylok spoke of isn't going to honor the full 8 hr. credit as I posed either. That would be wrong.

Guess I should read all the thread before posting. I see RacerDave already posed such a situation.

Do you have names and telephone numbers to share?

No where on the ISP{ webpage does it say that credit is given for only ONE class. My understanding (and I am not a lawyer) on reading the credits page by ISP is that one can combine any of the classes to get 8 hours credit as long as EACH class is a separate entity.

Once CANNOT attend Hunter's Safety and get a FL permit and claim 8 hours but if someone attended Hunters Safety and UT CCW Class they could claim 8 hours.

I have a question: If I teach the 16 hours as 8 by teaching NRA BP and 8 from teaching CLIC, Do I need to show an approved cirriculum number for each of those? Is there an approved cirriculum for NRA BP? Or do I need to apply for a cirriculum number for my combining NRA BP and CLIC?

• Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived