CLIC - IllinoisCarry Curriculum Ready to Go!

Molly B.

Hi Molly -

I have made my donation for one CLIC and one packet of 25 certificates.

Thank you and all of the volunteers for their hard work going into this effort.

I am looking forward to reviewing the materials and getting ready for my first training session!

best

mqqn (Andy)

• 2 weeks later...
$160.00 just sent for 4 packs of the 25-count CLIC certificates. Are they in stock and ready to ship? I have a class Saturday/Sunday (half of CLIC each day; class finishes Sunday) and need them, if possible. No problem if not. These are all local folks, so getting them their certificate afterward is no big deal.

• 1 month later...
I have taught the CLIC curriculum four times now. It is well done and easy to do. I add a module on how to carry (holsters, etc.) and the mindset we take on when we decide to carry. Everyone seems pleased with the class. Good job, everyone! Yes, the law part is dry, but folks really are more engaged by it than I think they thought they would be. Most people really do want to know what it says. We always have fun with the frizzen pan slide regarding what constitutes an unloaded muzzle loader!

An instructor is always encouraged to bring their own style, and knowledge to the classroom. That being said, the work is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced in any way. It has its own ISP curriculum number, and that number is only valid if CLiC is indeed what you are teaching. If you mix two curriculums, where that you have taught part of one, and part of another, then you have in fact not taught either. We do not allow copyright infringements of any type. Not trying to be rude, just trying to answer the question.

• 1 month later...

First post and glad to be a join the Forum. Just sent my check today along with a donation to IllinoisCarry. Check should arrive at the Shelbyville address Monday the 20th. Any idea of turn around time to recieve the curriculum and DVD?

They are very quick with the turn around I got mine from mailing check to receiving material in around 6 days maybe 7

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Is the curriculum still for sale and is the update included in a new purchase of the Curriculum? Thank you very much for your time and attention

I second this. can we still get this curriculum and is it up to date on the current changes? This would be a lifesaver as a new instructor and I would love to utilize this in my course!

Hello

Is the curriculum still for sale and is the update included in a new purchase of the Curriculum? Thank you very much for your time and attention

I second this. can we still get this curriculum and is it up to date on the current changes? This would be a lifesaver as a new instructor and I would love to utilize this in my course!

Yes, it is available. Current up-to-date version is 4.0.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my instructor number from the state police today.

I ordered the DVD training program from Illinois carry.

My question is am I supposed to apply for curriculum from the state police. I wanted to see the break down of what I needed to teach and I seen a application from the state police for 8/16 and 3 hour curriculum approval.

Maybe someone can help

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most current version of the CLIC Curriculum is 4.0. If you would like to purchase that version, it includes the outline for the 3 hr. renewal and a list of the changes, we are asking a donation of $75.

I just ordered the CLIC via PP by sending in $160. Do I need to also donate an additional $75 for the 4.0 Curriculum or is the 4.0 the new default for all new shipments?

We have discontinued the IllinoisCarry certificate because the ISP no long requires both certificates to be uploaded - the only one the students upload is the ISP certificate.

Is it acceptable for me to print up my own for student recognition/accomplishment?

If it has the IllinoisCarry logo, we would need to approve it first or send you a template.

• Molly B. unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...