Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

applied no prints 8-31-19

active 1-3-20

new ccl and foid in hand 1-11-20

Guess they felt i needed a new foid as well.

Unless it was expiring and you requested renewal at same time, older cards will get a new format FOID with matching numbers on a CCL renewal. Note this is a replacement card with existing expire date and not a new 10 yr card.

120 not counting holidays?

Subtract holidays, no one is there to process like the rest of America!

I don't see anything in 430 ILCS 66/10 or 430 ILCS 66/30 that defines the review period as business days. Is there case law or an AG opinion that makes an extension for holidays? I lived in Minnesota previously, and the way the law was written there automatically issued the CCW if there was no formal objection within 90 days. I think a law like that would work well in Illinois to prevent bureaucratic foot dragging, and ensuring that the reviewing agency has the proper resources.

Officially Day 120 since my no-print application (September 15, 2019) with no update whatsoever. I'm going to send an email to my State Rep at the close of business today if there isn't some kind of update.

I’ll predict that shortly after you send that e-mail it will go active, why?

It’s so close to going active now that the magic will be a coincidence!

Welcome to the Forums

Good Luck

I believe its calendar days, your renewal letter for the ISP should say the department has 90 days with prints and 120 days without. However, you will find dozens of post on here of people waiting way beyond the 90 or 120 days, lots of them including myself have contacted there reps. Does it help?...…..I have only seen one instance where contacting there rep got there FOID pushed through and that was for a part time police officer that I work with. I don't think it hurts to contact our reps, at least it keeps them aware of the BS law not being followed but I don't think it's going to make them process applications any faster.

I sent my renewal in 7-5-19 without prints......finally said approved on Friday but I still do not have the card in hand.....At best I'm hoping for a few more weeks to get the card, seen others post that it took another 5-6 weeks or longer to get the card after they were approved. Good luck, maybe you will be one of the few that seem to get it processed faster than other..

I don't see anything in 430 ILCS 66/10 or [/size]430 ILCS 66/30 that defines the review period as business days. Is there case law or an AG opinion that makes an extension for holidays? I lived in Minnesota previously, and the way the law was written there automatically issued the CCW if there was no formal objection within 90 days. I think a law like that would work well in Illinois to prevent bureaucratic foot dragging, and ensuring that the reviewing agency has the proper resources.

No there is no case law

Everyone who has been at or near the “specified period” winds up getting the jitters, we all have had some feeling of wow when is this thing going to show up.

But we’ve also had several who have wanted to sue to get what they claim is a law being broken fixed.

But alas it hasn’t happened either.

What HAS been the norm here for over 5 years now is most people understand that most if not all business take holidays off, and then they “the state” isn’t in the mood to work any faster on these things due to a set days limit.

Maybe someone could contact the ISRA and ask how much money they would need to sue the state and a fund could be set up.

Applied 9/15/2019 active today 1/16/2020 for 123 days with no concerns noted.

I contacted my state rep at 120 days, and he replied today asking for more information. When I went to log in today it showed Active, so it was approved without his intervention. Interestingly enough, the 'inspect' trick never showed anything other than submitted. It went right from submitted to active without showing QC Approved or any other change.

Applied 7/20/19, with finger prints, still waiting 1/21/2020.

Helped a friend who works for the state, submit his application online, at my 115 day mark, he received his CCL in 4 weeks.

Curious isn't it? State worker=prompt service.

These long wait times are intentional.

There must be some other factor going on here. Did you have trouble with your training certificate, change addresses or renew your Foid card during your time?

Applied 7/20/19, with finger prints, still waiting 1/21/2020.

Helped a friend who works for the state, submit his application online, at my 115 day mark, he received his CCL in 4 weeks.

Curious isn't it? State worker=prompt service.

These long wait times are intentional.

I’m more interested in the STATE Worker who gets a CCL in 4 weeks!?!?

28 days......

I don't get it, people that applied after me with no fingerprints already got approved. Ive gotten no email. Applied on 08/26 with Fingerprints. Called almost everyday, sent multiple emails. Nothing! Im also a service member so I'd think the background would be fairly easy ! :mad( :mad( :mad( :excl:

Did you have a FOID renewal during that time or address change? Certificate rejected?

• 2 weeks later...

Applied 21Oct19 no prints

Illinois took my money within 60 seconds

113 days with zero information besides "under review"

Funny how a 30 sec background check and 30 day objection period adds up to quite a bit more than 30 days.

Like the rest of you, I am appalled at these shameful, purposeful, and political delays.

But you knew up front that it wasn’t going to be right away, right?

After all it’s the people’s republic of Illinois.........

Anyone believe they will get answers?

..."Last week, The Southern Illinoisan provided a list of questions about FOID card delays, staffing questions and related issues to the Illinois State Police. A spokeswoman said that the questions had been routed to the Firearms Services Bureau, but answers were not returned by close of business Friday."...

Uh...ISP, its 30 days for new and 60 calendar for renewals

..."While the ISP did not return The Southern’s messages, the agency told other outlets that the vast majority of new FOID card applications are processed within the mandated 90 days. But Windhorst, Severin and Bryant said the primary issue they hear about from constituents is in delays with renewals."...

Archived