Witness Slip Instructions

C0untZer0

The easiest way to do it is to open another tab to the dashboard, log in, and then click on mauserme's witness slip link. When you click on mauserme's link, that will open up another tab, right on the bill that needs action and you will be signed in to ILGA so the slip will be pre-populated with whatever information you put in your profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another tutorial on witness slips:

http://www.countyofkane.org/Lists/Events/Attachments/3237/Presentation%20-%20Feb%20Legislative.pdf

Here is an old article on when Pat Valentino filed a witness slip on behalf of former State Police Director Jeremy Margolis:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-03-20/news/9703200110_1_slip-witness-committee-chairs

Login is at the top right hand corner of website as i had a heck of a of a time trying to find it. Hope this helps.

I don't have a login ID or password

Then you'll need to register on the my.ilga.gov website. It'll make filling-out witness slips a heck of a lot easier for you...

Edited by DjachDjach

Login is at the top right hand corner of website as i had a heck of a of a time trying to find it. Hope this helps.

I don't have a login ID or password

Then you'll need to register on the my.ilga.gov website. It'll make filling-out witness slips a heck of a lot easier for you...

Thanks I got it.

How come when I go to the mylga.gov link above all I get are the bills I did a witness slip for last year. Still can't figure out how to do the current ones from the dashboard.

The easiest way to do the current bills is to first make sure you log in to your my.ilga.gov account. Then, go back to MauserMe's Call To Action page on this site which lists all the currents witness slips we need to fill out, and the recommended position on each. Open each bill you'd like to fill a witness slip out for in a new window and take it from there. It's actually easier than it sounds...

• 10 months later...

Just a reminder - please do not misrepresent yourself when filing witness slips. If you are not designated and authorized to represent a group in an official capacity, please do not say that you are. Just because you are a gun owner doesn't mean that you represent all gun owners. In most cases, each of us is only filing a witness slip on behalf of our self.

Edited by C0untZer0

• 4 weeks later...

question as its been a few months since I filled these out before. Under "TESTIMONY" there are three choices. Oral, written and Record of appearance only.

Since I won't be there, which do I choose? Sorry as I did just reread the how to at the beginning of this post. Thanks for any help.

Edited by flw

• 11 months later...

A subscriber is having problems registering an account because it doesn't seem to want to accept an email address with a hyphen in it. Anyone else with this problem or know how to work around it?

My last name also has a hyphen in it. I signed up a few years ago so take what I say in persective. The only way I could get account here was to drop it. Now as a example if someones name is O'leary, you can change that to O leary and the system will take it. I've had this issue all my life since computers have dominated our lives. good luck

• 1 month later...

How do you get to the area to view who filed slips on the legislation?

I believe you have to click on the magnifying glass icon next to the Bill number. I don't know if you have to be logged in to see them though.

Post #2 has links to some being tracked, might help:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60952&page=1&&do=findComment&comment=992023

mauserme now creates a "Progress Tracker" post with the links. Its a lot of work for mauserme, but its the easiest way (for everyone else), to track who filed witness slips and the current tally.

The only way I know how to do it is to start with the bill number, go to ILGA.gov, type in the bill number in the search field, that brings up the bill status page. There will be a section near the top titled Hearings. The hearing section will tell what committee it is scheduled to be heard in, it also gives you a location. Then go to the ILGA dashboard, choose which chamber the bill is in - either senate or house, click on "Committees", click on the gavel icon, choose the meeting time and location that matches the hearing section information from the bill's status page, click "View Legislation", the bills are listed in numeric order, find the bill you want to view and click on the magnifying glass icon from the "Witness Slips" column.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

On the Profile page, what goes in the box entitled "Representation " and "Title" when registering as a "Firm/Business or Agency?"

I'm thinking that "Title" would be "Owner." No idea about "Representation."

Edited by Prairie Pucker